SpringsFest -- Colorado Style -- Feb 8?

Hey guys, newbie here from the Springs. I’d love to get together on the Eighth, if I read the thread right, it’s at 5:30 at Jose Muldoon’s, right?
I’ll be there with bells on. Well, maybe not bells, but definately pants.

Jose Muldoon’s for sure, but I think the jury’s out a little on the time. Probably the earliest I can be there is sevenish. If you stay at Muldoons - no problem. However, if you plan on hitting the road before 7:30, let me have somebody’s cell number. Trust me - I won’t become a stalker. My experience with cell phone numbers is that I generally wash the phone number in my pants long before I ever call the number.

We and the other patrons of Muldoons appreciate that.:smiley:

TV

I have no vehicle; yet I’d love to go to this dopefest. Anyone from Denver planning to go?

:frowning:

Hey TV Time Please email me. I have a question to ask you that pertains to this.

Foxy hun, would it be okay if we met at 7:00 instead? That should give us all plenty of time to be merry and still get you home at the right time? That would give us plenty of time to chow, converse and get you out the door by 10:00 or so to make your curfew. I don’t assume that it’s more than an hour drive up here, depending on traffic.

I would like to try to get everyone there within a half hour so we aren’t glaring at the tables next to us wanting to chow. If you want I can meet you earlier. You can enjoy a coke and I can enjoy a margarita if my LJ friend agrees to it too, not sure what her schedule is as she may be staying at my house. Undetermined as of yet.

mlerose, I don’t know where TV lives and I can’t vouch for my LJ friend who lives in the area and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking her to pick up a complete stranger.

Anyone else in Denver area planning on coming down?

TV, email me please.

How about 6:30? That way I can get to see everybody, or just you, TV and his wife can show up about a half hour later, that will give me time to hang out with him too. I’ll probably want to leave around 9 or 9:30-ish, since it’s a weekend and it’s Springs too.
Okay. Another round of fix the scheduling conflict completes.
This is what, 7? 8?

Ding ding ding…
Round 9 begins…

Sorry Mlerose, I live south of Colorado Springs rather than north so I’m not going to be much help to you.

…And people, don’t worry about me getting there after everything’s rolling. I don’t mind. I’m a great catch-up drinker.

TV

TV,

I will be emailing you tomorrow, I did get your email, just got it but I am on the tail end of my night and getting ready to go hit the sack.

I look forward to getting it when I get home. If I do get home today, of course. It always seems there is one more thing to do before I can shut this place up for the evening. I have a futon chair that folds out to a bed that I have used far too often during special editions.

By the way, what does LJ stand for?

TV

LJ = Live Journal, you know, blog, internet diary, general place for people to blather on about mindless pointless stuff we shouldn’t share over here? :wink:

Okay, official ladyfoxfyre update time:

On Feb 8th, I have a debate, at East in Pueblo, I believe. That’s the bad news. The good news is that if the awards ceremony ends at about 5-6, then I can leave after that and if I don’t change, that will save me even more time. I can make it up to Springs about 7-7:30, under the premise that everybody is going up to celebrate something…
I can leave Springs at about 10-10:30, make it home before 12 and I am golden.
I told you I could figure it all out.
-foxy

IS IT FEBRUARY EIGHTH ALREADY??? COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Soon raisin, soon.

ladyfoxfyre,

When we get closer to that date, I will give you my phone number so you can call me (I hope you have a cell phone) so you can let me know of your departure and be sure to meet you there so you aren’t wandering the mean streets of Colorado Springs. :wink:

Everyone
When: Saturday February 8th
Where: Jose Muldoons 222 N. Tejon St. http://www.josemuldoons.com/map.htm
Time: Arrive between 7:00 and 7:30
Why: Just cuz
Dress Code: Casual but not homeless

I will figure out a way to ensure that all Dopers get to play…I will be calling them next week to place and making reservations. They take reservations over seven people so I need a definate head count. The reservations will be under Adams, since this started with Cecil’s place. I will confirm the reservations next week.

Please remember to give me the Yay that you are coming!!!

Oh I forgot…I need to know if there are smokers and if you want smoking (assuming they still offer it.)

ladyfoxfire should take heed of [color=“black”]techchick68’s words!!! Colorado Springs is a haven of depraved indecency and wanton crime!!! Just a few months ago I was walking from bar to bar in Colorado Springs and it just so happens that your hero was set upon by clean cut hoodlums bearing Christian propaganda. Thankfully his skills honed on the mean streets of New York City which amount to staring straight ahead, avoiding eye contact and maybe a grunt saved him from being… well… saved.
I’m a non-smoker but I don’t care about smoking. I am a social drinker. I do not care about age, race or weight. Please respond with the ad code POO3883 when responding to our bride introduction program.[/color]

I’m a yay, so count me in. I’m hoping the aforementioned plan will prove sucessful.

I wholeheartedly apologize for forgetting to bold [color=“black”]techchick68’s name.[/color]

Um, it’s okay raisin, you’re forgiven. I just printed out my directions and a map, so with any luck I won’t get lost on the way up. It doesn’t seem hard to find.

I’m so excited!
Oh, BTW, tech, I just emailed you my cell phone number since you asked.

-foxy

The easiest way to get there (finding parking is another story) is:

I-25 to the Bijou off ramp take a right, get in the left hand lanes. Take a left on Cascade (north) get in the right hand lane, take a right on Platte (two lights up) the next block is Tejon.

Tejon from Platte to Vermijo (way out of the way) is a one way street.

One way streets include: Bijou (East bound,) Kiowa (west bound,) and Tejon in that specific area.

There can be parking back behind Jose’s/Rum Bay, etc…the alley entrance to get to that parking is (I believe) a northbound alley off of Kiowa just after turning from Tejon.

Now I am sure I have confused those that don’t frequent here. But I think they opened up a public parking lot on Cascade and Platte but I rarely go down there any more.

I will check my email later for your number and send you mine. ladyfoxfyre.

Never mind…just follow my general directions, not streets and you will get there.

I am reminded of the jokes where the country folk say stuff like:

Yeah, take a left at the dead cow and follow that for a while the take a right at the blue windmill, not the red one, the blue one. Once you pass old tractor…