SpringsFest -- Colorado Style -- Feb 8?

Speaking from experience, where there are two men and six women, there are usually a number of men more after a relatively short time.

< snicker >

TV Time you crack me up!!!

But it would be nice to have a few more men amongst us.

Mi sxatas la dato kaj horo. Mi cxesotas februaro 8! Bonvolu vi konservas la proporcio de knabinoj!
i am showing off

Not sure what you are showing off though…speak English my friend.

Techchick…the only thing I can tell you, it is not Spanish. That I could have translated.

I think I live about 2 blocks away from techchick at Dublin and Academy right behind Candlewood Suites. I am a SWM 26 years old so I think my demographic may be under represented there.

What do people talk aobut at these things? Hopefully not the SDMB all night? If I come to this will I be the only person drinking?

I can probably come but I say we move out of Jose Muldoons as the night gets going because that place is a f**king madhouse on Saturday nights. Standing room only by 10:30-11:00.

One last thing, once we identify ourselves to each other that is the end of using any sort of reference to screen names right? I am not going to go all night with people calling me “Stinkpalm” .

I know its a pretty sexy name on the board, but in RL it just doesn’t sound as good.

-Adam-

I would also like to concur on introducing ourselves as ourselves rather than insisting on using our nicks. I went to a couple of online meets and folks insisted on being referred to by their nicknames. It was very creepy and they seemed taken aback when I insisted on being referred to by my name.

Hey Stinkpalm, I am in the Woodmen/Rangewood area. Yes, the eternally middle class section of the city, Briargate.

And it’s just a gathering of people that are people who associate with a message board…there will be at least three others that don’t associate with the SDMB there too. So, what I am trying to say is, it’s a come as you are kind of thing rather than a “SDMB” thing. Use your real name or board name, doesn’t bother me.

I am Liz for those that don’t know.

I will call Jose Muldoon’s in a week or so, they don’t take reservations but a head count would be great to make sure we have decent seating. I will put the “reservations” under “Adams Family” like I did in Vegas or something to that degree so no one is missed as has happened at at least two Denver Dopefests.

Oh and I forgot, I drink as do others, as far as I know…so no problem there.

I plan on having at least one margarita…probably the blue one, yumm.

Oh yeah techchick, are any of these girlies you will be bringing single, under 30, and hot/mildy attractive?

BRING ON THE BETTIES! WHOOO!

Hey, speak for yourself, I think ladyfoxfyre is a very sexy IRL name!

Also, can I request that we start the night just a couple hours earlier? Like 4:30-5? I’m really sorry if my inability to fix my schedule for everybody (if it inconveniences people then I will stick to the aforementioned time but I won’t be able to stay for very long at all), but I’ve got some things that I need to work around without making it wildly apparant. Nevermind, it’s complicated, techchick knows what’s going on.
So Jose Muldoon’s on Saturday Feb. 8th, count me in tech unless I email you and tell you otherwise.

-foxy

ladyfoxfyre,

I am going to leave that up to the rest of the people. I will also have to connect with my LJ friends too.

If we do, I don’t think we’d want to be there any earlier than 5:30, I don’t know about you but I don’t like to eat much earlier than that. The benefit is they have Happy Hour till I think 7:00ish so us drinkers can save a little dough.

Please note the above reference to me and to a lesser extent to my wife, by Monster.

Well,…you see, “TV” is my first name. I had it changed almost 30 years ago. So it’s going to have to be “TV” or “Hey, you white haired guy.”

My biggest worry is spotting each other. At our last “Denverdope” A few of us sat in different parts of Good Friends waiting for the others to arrive. We had all told the person at the door where and who we were, but the person-at-the-door job apparently rotated so when we came in and asked, we never got any referrals. I even told people on the board that I would be wearing a pink tie that read “It’s TV Time!”, but sure enough the lighting was such that the tie looked yellow or white and the writing didn’t show up. I also told them that I looked not unlike Santa Claus, but a biker gang was at the place that evening and there were two or three of them who looked more Santaish than I.

I believe one of the other dopers went table to table asking people if they were on “Straight Dope”. Remember this was on Capital Hill in Denver. I think a number of non-board members thought it was some sort of polite drug bust and cleared out before we finally got together.

TV

Other than ladyfoxfyre we’re all over 30. Oh ladyfoxfyre isn’t even old enough to buy cigarettes, so don’t get any wild ideas or you will have to deal with me, my wrath is not one to be under. :smiley:

As I stated earlier, I will be calling them, ensuring that we will be designated as the Adam’s Party or Cecil’s Kids or something like that. As we get closer to the date, I will state what I am going to wear and maybe put up a little sign at our table as well.

Hey, I’m almost old enough to buy cigarettes. Don’t downplay my age that much tech, you’re embarassing me. Plus I am a lot more mature than she’s making me out to be, I promise. She even said so.

If anything Foxy we are jealous, and if we get a bit protective, it is because you are family and it just sort of comes with the territory.

And all that have been on the board for a while have seen your maturity and know it.

I will be the large man wearing black with a beard and the long hair. I’d suggest whomever shows up brings a glowstick so at least people know which table everyone will be sitting at.

Thanks TV time, that makes me feel a bit better.
I am still trying to figure out my schedule so that I can find out if I’m going on a debate meet that weekend, and if I am then I will see if I can skip out on it or just find something else to do.
I am trying my damnedest to get up there, and it’s not even that far away. Ah well, I’ll make it, but I’ll keep everybody updated that’s for sure.

-foxy

ladyfoxfyre,

The spirit intended was what TV said. I think you are a very smart and intelligent young woman, but you knew that already.

Well, guys what about the time frame, does that work for you?

5:30?? I know it’s early but it will help out those that live out of town that need to drive back home.

Foxy, is it that meet at Pueblo Centennial?