Springtime wedding for Mary Kay and Vili

I’m torn whether to buy them the steak knives or the cast iron frying pan. When she kills him, I want the historical footnote to list the murder weapon as having come from me!

Didn’t he and his mother try to sue the school once, claiming they did nothing to stop her from preying on him? And now he wants to marry her?

Hmmmm…

How is she going to answer her young daughters when they ask where she’s been for the last 7 years of their life?

What happens when the kids grow up, and find out?

They know very well where she’s been-they’ve been visiting her in prison. Just wait until they find out WHY she was there, and the whole big scandal.

Hell, the most horrifying part to me is that she registered for a SECOND wedding That’s just damn tacky. Hasn’t she ever read Miss Manners?

E.

There’s thead in Great Debates about “How is a registered sex offender suppose to lead a normal life?” If you agree that registered sex offenders should have the right to lead a normal life, then it applies equally. Mary Kay has the same right to live a normal life (and make an honest man out of Villi) as any male sex offender does. Since both parties are now of legal age, there is nobody and nothing preventing them from getting married.

His mother filed the lawsuit after their second child was born. He wanted no part of the lawsuit, always claiming that he was not a victim.

Exactly. That indicates to me that there is much going on between the scenes and between the parties above and beyond “two messed up individuals”.

Honestly, let them move on. Maybe they will be able to stay with each other and provide a loving environment for their children to grow up in. Maybe they won’t. Maybe she is batshit crazy and will tear his penis off in a fit of rage. I doubt it, but that’s just my opinion.

Oh, and about this “Eeew, sex with a child” shit, get over it and grow up. It’s unacceptable in our society-whether one is in a power position, or not-but it is not unheard of across the globe and across history. Doesn’t make it right, doesn’t make it acceptable, but saying “eeeewy” like a 10 year old girl watching two adults kiss is not the correct response.

Sam

Potato, potahto. Another case in the paper today, a 14yo boy at a special needs school. (Communication and social skills rather than what we used to call “backward”, fwiw.)

Umm, it being sex with a minor. Sorry for the ambiguity.

ROFL! Great comments in this thread. :smiley:

BTW - there’s not much left on that registry. Who on earth is buying presents and attending this debacle? Did they agree to allow reporters in as long as they brought a gift?

I just find something very disturbing in the fact that a young man in Vili’s situation wants to marry and lead a normal life with his … age-inappropriate girlfriend(? I’m trying to find a non-pejorative word that fits). I think Annie’s use of “make on honest man out of Vili” whacks right on my discomfort. Vili’s not done anything wrong (that I know of). He does not need to become an “honest man”.

And GaWd, as for my Ewu! reaction to an adult having sex with a child, it’s not something I can get over. I don’t like children and the idea of having a relationship with one (yes, I know it would grow up and become interesting after a while, but that’s not the point here) is just weird and icky. Your valid point about adult/child marriages in history is only valid in times and places where young people were considered adults at the age of 12 or 14. Right here, right now, many people are not considered functional adults until they are in their mid-20s. Even legal adulthood is 18 in most states.

TDG: age-inappropriate girlfriend(? I’m trying to find a non-pejorative word that fits).

Well, technically, she’s his “fiancee” (and former convicted molester). They have an “intergenerational” relationship which is scheduled to become an intergenerational marriage.

TDG: * I think Annie’s use of “make on honest man out of Vili” whacks right on my discomfort. Vili’s not done anything wrong (that I know of). He does not need to become an “honest man”. *

Agreed, but I think Annie was just jokingly referring to the conventional phrase “make an honest woman of” when speaking of marriage to a woman with whom one has had a sexual relationship.

I’m sorry, I cannot accept this. This is wrong on so many levels.

She started chasing after him when he was seven, for God’s sake. I think the sexual relationship was initiated when he was 12. That boy has been completely screwed up, and if his mother had any sense she would have gotten that boy into counseling.

This is a rapist marrying her victim. You guys can go on and on about how their both adults and they’re in love and to let them live in peace, but I cannot see this ending well.

If we were talking about a 40 year old male teacher and his 12 year-old female victim, we would not be having this conversation.

That said, they are adults and they’re going to get married. I can only hope, for the sake of their two little girls, that they beat the odds and live happily ever after. But I do not see that happening.

I am pretty grown up, and I’m a pretty understanding guy.

That said, it’ll be a damn long time before an adult banging a preteen won’t elicit an “eeewww” reaction from me.

If they were just now hooking up, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. They’re both adults. Yeah, she’s older, big deal. Middle aged men marry women young enough to be their daughters all the time and nobody bats an eye.

But yeah … what ivylass said.

Wouldn’t it be funny after all these years if they finally got married and ended up filing for divorce within six months or so?

I was going to write up an entire angry post. But on preview all I really to say that I agree with ivylass.

Letourneau is a convicted rapist. The person she’s marrying is her victim. How is that not disgusting?

If Vili had been a pregnant twelve year old girl, how many people would still think just fine and dandy for them to marry ten years later?

This marriage is horrifying.

Or worse-she ends up leaving him for another sixth grader?

Ug. But if there was ay evidence she was a habitual offender it would have come up at trail, I’m sure. Other kids would have sued by now.
I think it’s more likely he will have changed enough that the relationship won’t survive the honeymoon. People change a lot between early teens and early 20s.

I, for one, don’t think it’s fine and dandy. I just don’t think it’s any of your fucking business. Or mine.

–Cliffy