Stacker 2, Hydroxycut, Xenadrine - did it work for you???

I tried Xenadrine a few times ,but it made me feel too freaky. Jitters, heart racing…one time very nauseous. And those kinds of things put me in a weird bitchy mood, and make me feel unorganized. So I don’t take it anymore. Wish I could, though

Um…I think Jay-C’s original message was lost after I posted. Weird.

Stores are full of these supplements that claim to help you lose weight and have more energy. Magazines are full of ads for the products, showing people who used them and got ripped in just 6 weeks. Do any of these work??

I know they all contain ephedrine, which is probably way bad for you, and the best way to lose weight is with diet and exercise. No lectures here, please.

What I want to hear are commentaries from those of you who have tried any of these supplements and had success with them. Please feel free to share anything else you may have done in conjunction with taking the supplements (decreased food intake, exercised, etc).

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah they’ll make you lose weight and for a while make you feel like you have all the energy in the world. Then you get irritable, lose your hair, strung out, and sleepless. Those things are just speed. Not pharmaceutical speed but the amount your taking is the equivalent. I have taken ritalin, dexdrine, adderall, and every other legal speed for a while for add. It was a nightmare, why? Because you love it and hate it at the same time. You get this feel good energy but find yourself irritable and sleepless as the effects wear off. If there is one pretty basic truth in life is you don’t get something for nothing. But…
I used to take, like I said, a number of different amphetimines, sometimes I would skip 2 meals a day and i lost about 15 pounds. But I became so strung out I decided I wanted to start eating healthy and go off these meds. I’m thinner now. No diet in the world makes as much sense as one that controls your levels of blood sugar. When you get hungry you tend to want to eat high carb foods that are highly glycemic ( food turns to glucose fast). This spike in glucose also spikes your insulin levels which tells your body to start turning carbs to fat. I read al whole bundch of books about diets like these. The zone, is too anal. It becomes a burden. As cheezy as the title is, get a book called the “The 5 day miracle diet.” I can’t remember by whom. It’s a toned down version of the zone. The key is to maintain stable blood sugar during the day. I can’t tell you how easy it is to follow and how much better you’ll feel. I know that title sounds cheesy so go to the book store and read a few chapters and you’ll see the science behind it. And not the type of pseudo-science Susan Powter stuff that says “what makes you fat? Fat!”

I merged two threads, one with and one without an OP. That’s why jay-c’s OP is the third post here.

GQ is for questions with factual answers. Since this is a survey sort of thing, I’ll move the thread to IMHO.