Starbuck's "Moonlight Feels Right"- what's a tricky french connection?

S-A T-U-R D-A-Y NIGHT!
S-A T-U-R D-A-Y NIGHT!
S-A T-U-R D-A-Y NIGHT!

What???

Yes, you can tell us. You’re among friends.

What else is on that CD?

I have to go out to my car to get it but what the heck – it’s Friday afternoon. BRB.

You have “a” CD of the best of the’70s? Really? Less than 80 minutes? I have three walls of shelves, floor-to-ceiling, of records and CDs, about half of which could be described as “the best of the '70s” (less than 1% of it is disco). And there are still groups and artists from back then that I’ve never heard!

I hope you also have their version of The Twist, with Chubby Checker.

No, but I do have “It’s Tricky” by RUN-DMC!

Sing along everybody!

“It’s Tricky to rock around, to rock around, the clock all night! It’s Tricky!”

I think you’ve got you’re 50’s inside my '80s. Because you can rock around the clock all you like but it’s tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that’s right on time-- that’s what’s tricky.

fishbicycle, I didn’t say it was the only one I had. :slight_smile:
Jodi’s CD of Feel-Good Easy-Listenin’ ‘70s Music, Mostly By One-Hit Wonders, Featuring Extensive Use of Cow-Bell

It Never Rains In Southern California – Albert Hammond

Please Come To Boston – Dave Loggins

Hello, It’s Me – Todd Rundgren

I’d Really Love To See You – England Dan & John Ford Coley

Moonlight Feels Right – Starbuck

Couldn’t Get It Right – Climax Blues Band

Year of the Cat – Al Stewart

Baby Come Back – Player

Baker Street – Gerry Rafferty

Goodbye Girl – David Gates

Fool (If You Think It’s Over) – Chris Rea

Gypsies, Tramps, & Theives – Cher

Don’t Pull Your Love Out – Hamilton, Frank & Reynolds

Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling – Fortunes

Brandy – Looking Glass

Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) – The Hollies

Drift Away – Dobie Gray

We’re An American Band – Grand Funk Railroad

Dancing In The Moonlight – King Harvest

You be Illin’

Jodi, no Carpenters or Starland Vocal Band?

Now that there is a good CD! I like all of those songs. Especially “Couldn’t Get It Right.”

I hate Afternoon Delight. And I have the Carpenters’ Greatest Hits CD; no need to put them on a misc one. :slight_smile:

Cowbell cowbell cowbell! :slight_smile:

Jodi, I have most of those on my iPod, but Cher, and especially THAT song, will never sully its bits.

Jodi, replace Cher, Dobie Gray, Grand Funk & Hollies with “I Like Dreamin” “Smoke From a Distant Fire” “Tin Man” & “Sentinemtal Lady” and I’m with you :slight_smile:

Ah, Bob Welch. No love for “Ebony Eyes?” (Wasn’t he with Fleetwood Mac for a while?)

Although, again from Jodi’s List, ED&JFC and The Hollies are the least one-hit-wonderish of the bunch (not counting she-who-won’t-be-discussed.)

From my iPod:

ED&JFC
I’d Really Love to See You Tonight
Nights are Forever Without You
It’s Sad To Belong
Love is the Answer
Gone Too Far
We’ll Never Have to Say Goodbye

The Hollies
Bus Stop
Carrie-Anne
The Air that I Breathe

Sounds good. Baker Street is the best of the bunch. Everytime I hear that sax intro it takes me back years.

A song I miss is “Right Down the Line” by Gerry Rafferty.

Do not be bagging on Cher in my presence. <sharpens claws>

Yeah, well, we’re just gonna hafta agree to disagree on that front, because her nasal-yodel voice makes me want to drive knitting needles into my ears.

Amen, I love that song. It’s one that gets me a raised eyebrow when people see it on my iPod, but I think it’s awesome.

I rented a car a few months ago, and it was the first time I’d driven around with satellite radio. I turned it to the 70s station (no commercials), and I heard this song for the very first time ever. Unbelievable!

Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to find a CD that includes this song but doesn’t include Afternoon Delight; they appear to be joined at the bell-bottomed hip when it comes to 70s compilations.