Starship Troopers 3

Those of you on the left coast wondering why the ocean’s roiling, it’s Heinlein’s ashes expressing their displeasure at this.

twitch twitch twitch

(Mods, feel free to move this to the Pit if things get a bit too heated.)

There was a Starship Troopers 2?

There was a Starship Troopers 2?
(Electric Bugaloo?)

It was scheduled to be on one of the UK cable channels a while back, but when I switched on, there was just a badly acted, poorly directed blur.

I had seen most of it on TV once, but have no idea now what channel it was. I was not impressed.

Not only was there a Starship Troopers 2, there was also a CGI TV series (that I never saw on TV, but seemed to go straight to video): Roughnecks:

For my money, the best adaptatiion of ST to the big screen was Aliens.
I’m still waiting to see that anime version of Starship Troopers that came out before the Veerhoeven film. Why this hasn’t been released in the US to cash in on the hype I can’t understand. It can’t be legal issues.

I guess I’m one of those rare nerds who enjoys both the book and Veerhoeven’s riff on it. I’m glad Van Dien is back, but what about the Sarge and the Busey kid? It won’t be the same without them.

Ah crap.

Its a direct to video feature. If we pretend it doesn’t exist it should just go away.

Not bad, better than the film in some ways. For a start they kept the powered armour from what I could see.

I was hoping the new satellite anime channel in the UK would show some odd stuff like that. But then inevitably, they showed popular stuff like Cowboy Bebop, so I doubt I’ll get to see it any time soon.

The animated series was good. Powered armor, character development, etc!
The first movie was cheesy, and the second had some pretty gratuitous nudity.

It was Starship Troopers 2. I’m not sure that any nudity could be described as “gratuitous”, since it was a pretty safe bet that without nudity *nobody * would watchit.

I checked out the trailer, it seems to be much the same as the first film, with perhaps a new bug or two. On the bright side, I’ll be able to check the eye candy on the big screen this time around, instead of waiting for the DVD release.

I was a teen, and was thinking “Awesome! More shootin’ bugs!” Then the softcore started and my mom made me change the channel.

I will also agree the TV series was pretty good.

I enjoyed the first film for what it was - pulp sci-fi at its most basic with explosions and shit. I knew that it was different to the book but was astounded by just how different it was when I read it; it was almost an entirely different story.

Power armour or not the bit that struck me about the first film was the way their military was run. Apparently hitting superior officers and trying to be the alpha dog was all they cared about, it was no wonder they were losing the war and Klendathu was a massacre given that it was a completely amateur operation.

I still refuse to admit there was a Starship Troopers 1.

If she didn’t, you’d have to change your user name…

I had seen some of the TV series that someone had taped at a convention, so at least some of them must have aired. I have the entire series in my Netflix queue, and if they’re as good as I remember I might look into buying the DVDs.

And the third will do just fine as long as Casper van Dien spends most of it naked.