State of the Union address Feb. 7, 2023

President Biden is due to deliver the State of the Union address in just under one hour from now. It will be odd to not have Nancy Pelosi seated on the podium.

I assume most of the GOP will sit on their hands during the speech but I wonder if there will be any of the bad behavior we have seen in the past when a Democratic President addresses a joint session. There are reports MTG has been carrying a fake Chinese spy balloon around all day. I wonder if she will have that with her.

I’ll be surprised if MTG or Matt Gaetz or Jim Jordan or Lauren Boebert or other MAGA Republicans don’t pull some shenanigans. Stay classy.

Speaker McCarthy isn’t going to tear up President Biden’s speech from the Chair, so there’s that.

If she brings that thing into the chamber with her, the first thing Biden ought to do is pop the sucker. I am of course referring to the balloon.

Hopefully the Sergeant at Arms of the House will take the balloon away from her.

For those who missed it:

A few minutes ago I spotted Tom Cruise George Santos chatting with Mitt Romney. Curious how that conversation went.

Fashion tip: Always make sure your shoes match your balloon.

I’m watching C-SPAN and Harris is chatting up McCarthy like they are best buds at a party (no audio).

White shoes after labor day?

A reporter who was nearby said Romney had some “harsh” words for Santos. Now I’m even more curious what was said.

It’s okay as long as they match the balloon.

Or the hood.

Is that Kyrsten Sinema wearing that very bright yellow dress with very big shoulders?

Yes. I saw that and was wondering why she would want to look like a canary.

Also, anyone know who the young man is to the left of Bono in the balcony? I recognize Paul Pelosi to the right of him.

<< Removed by poster >>

“Mr. Speaker. You can smile, it’s ok.” Ha ha!

McCarthy is exuding boredom.

Jeez, what’s with McCarthy’s blinking?

That only happens when the president is unworthy of respect.