Steve Martin's "Pink Panther" movie

Oops. I meant Libertini. Yes, it was him that I saw do Prospero (brilliantly, IMHO) in The Tempest.

Anyhoo…it’s his performance that I can least imagine someone else equalling in the new “All of Me”.

They’ll probably get Chris Kattan or Chris Tucker to take his place.

And what’s really weird is that they’ve been playing the trailers for it (at least before the showings of “Star Wars”). This decision seems to be a hasty one.

Tsk, tsk. How wicked! :wink:

Amen. I worship the memory of Peter Sellers, who was a comic genius. The degree to which the Pink Panther movies worked was mostly due to him. (No disrespect intended toward Herbert Lom, who turned in some great work as well.)

Blake Edwards’ body of work is a stinkpile, in my opinion. (Apart from the radio show, Richard Diamond, which was genius, for the time.)

They’re remaking All of Me? I’m sure that most kids will consider it a cheap ripoff of Me, Myself, and Irene. :smiley: I wonder what this means:

Filmmaking technology? (ie; using computers to integrate two facial performances.) Or replacing he guru with some experimental consciousness-transfer process?

Oh, I bet that they’re talking about updating the mindtransfer technology, and completely ditching the whole idea of having the mystic be involved. That way they can add in all these swoopy special effects of Wanda’s mind being shot into a computer and being stuck there, etc., etc., etc. 'Cause, you know, if the script sucks, then just add a bunch of special effects and no one will ever notice how bad the script is.

Yeah. (Not to mention that they specified that writers are “updating the technology” and writers have got f-all to do with how the script is realized, usually. Brain fart. :smack: )