Strange prejudices you have

That fits in with one of my strange prejudices: that anyone who does not subscribe to at least one quality daily newspaper, commits slow intellectual suicide.

You’re kidding, right? You know the internet, that thing you’re using to post that message, gives you the ability to read international news from any English-speaking country.

If you don’t care that’s not a strange prejudice so much as a perfectly understandable one, caring about major events in the world is something everyone should do because given how globalised we are they can come to affect us. How much of a mistake would it have been for the people in Egypt to say “I don’t care what’s happening in Tunisia”?

I drink soda at dinner and White Zin is one of the only wines I can tolerate… AWESOME! It amuses me no end this makes some people think less of me. :smiley:

If I find out a person genuinely believes in horoscopes, homeopathic medicine or “crystal power” my opinion of their intelligence drops like a rock.

Is this the right place to also mention my strange prejudices against obese people? I don’t mean a few pounds, I mean like twice your normal body weight. You’re committing sloowww suicide. Stop eating so much and go for a walk.

If have a prejudice against TV shows in which the hero walks around all the time with “5 o’clock shadow.” The last two years of Alias were ruined for me because Vaughn never seemed to shave. And I would enjoy Psyche twice as much if the hero would shave once in a while.

You’re not alone. Teenage girls who weigh twice what I do at half my age make me sad.

Students. Rationally, I know they will eventually grow into actual human beings, but living in the middle of an area rich in the species, I swear that the average slack-pantsed floppy-haired Custom Kurmfurling 101-studying hipster douche does not deserve to live.

So what are you supposed to drink if you do not or can not drink alcohol?

Are you making a distinction between Pepsi and other colas? Is Pepsi more “low-class” than coke? If so, that’s a strange prejudice indeed.

I am marginally pro-choice when it comes to golf but that doesn’t mean that I have to approve of the people that play it either. I am not much of a sports person to begin with but there is something about golf that sets me on edge. The people that play it seem a little too effete for my tastes and it is only sort of a real sport. It is mainly just an expensive, time-consuming, high-maintenance pursuit much like like the people that play it and I don’t want to be reminded of it against my will.

Parents of only children usually give me the willies. I find them usually overly involved in the child, and superior towards parents of several.

You asked for strange prejudices, and this is mine.

People who never got a post-secondary education. I don’t care if the person went to trade school, community college, or did their degrees all the way up to a PhD, those “count” in my books. But someone who got straight out of high school right into work, I often don’t feel like I can have a real conversation with them.

I consider it a little strange, because intellectually, I know there are many reasons someone doesn’t go the post-secondary education route, and it’s not the only path to success, but I just can’t relate to their experiences, and they can’t relate to mine.

I guess I’m very prejudiced against people who hate good jazz–as opposed to godawful smooth jazz. It makes me think they’re lacking in intellectual, emotional, and spiritual depth.

Yes, this is strange.

Obviously the internet has news, but it’s still a matter of whether you seek it out or not.

Were I involved in foreign policy in some way, then I should be expected to be well-informed of any and all major global political happenings, or else I’d be not only useless but detrimental in my position. On the other hand, if I’m just some kid working in a pizza place to pay the bills, what’s happening on the other side of the world may not be of great concern to me.

I do keep up-to-date with current events, but I wouldn’t think less of someone who didn’t if they had no reason to.

In my entire pre-marriage life, I dated exactly one girl that smoked. And her only once.

Doesn’t matter who it might be, supermodel, actress, cute girl at the bar… If I know she smokes she’s completely off my radar.

People with iPhones are douches. It’s exceptionally strange, because I have an iPhone (but not as a fashion statement).

The two major newspapers in my region no longer have a daily schedule! I only get a paper a few days a week. Google News is good enough, besides.

I wouldn’t expect everyone to know what is going on everywhere all the time, but not to know about something like what happened in Egypt in the last few weeks is inexcusable.

As for not caring–well, I would judge you for that, too. How can you not care? That boggles my mind.

People who don’t like sweet things. I feel sure that they’re just posing. They say they don’t like sweet things to make themselves feel special-er and thinner and more grown-up and world-conscious than other people. If they’re non-Americans saying they don’t like sweet things while they’re in America, it’s a dismissive anti-American sneer and makes me really mad.

And I’m sure that secretly, they like sweet things just fine.

Girls with tattoos are skanks and whores. I don’t care where on your body it is, even a little butterfly on the ankle makes you look like a slut.

Piercing anything but your ears means you aren’t interested in being a productive member of society.

There’s not one thing strange about that.

I wouldn’t go quite that far about body mods, but they do tend to indicate a less than fully dependable character.