A high school senior from Memphis is suing his school because he was assigned a grade of A instead of the A+ he thought he ‘earned’ in an intermediate school district work-experience class.
His work-study class involved working as a paralegal in his mother’s office. She gave him a perfect score. But, the intermediate school district only allows points upto 11. There is no A+. So, when the Memphis school assigned the grade, it had to assign an ‘A’.
The student claims that this will unfairly detract his chances to become school valedictorian.
My take (and the reason it’s in Pits)
- Where does the kid get off ?
- Kinda convenient working for Mama Mia, huh ? But, I’m sure you perfectly earned that A.
- The kid isn’t so smart after all. Guess what ? Colleges will be throwing themselves at you now after you filed this lawsuit.
- Didn’t the kid know of this beforehand ?
- Does anyone deserve any grade ?