Stupid Gun news of the day (Part 2)

I caught Ken Paxton (Texas AG) on one of the Fox shows. Guess what his take on this was? Paraphrasing, he said that Texas doesn’t force schools to have a Student Resource Officer and this school didn’t have one probably because someone didn’t like guns. He went on to say that he just didn’t understand why the school didn’t want to protect the kids and this shooting was all on them. Ken Paxton is a monster.

And someone charged with a felony that will probably never go to court. Fuck that douche canoe.

That’s another point: why do hunters need Tactical Armor? Those suits should be as regulated as machineguns.

Perhaps they’re afraid of Bambo.

Well, I don’t know about that. With all the guns out there in the hands of the criminal and irresponsible (including toddlers), I sometimes think that tactical gear should be basic outing wear.

I’d rather wear body armor than pack a pistol on my daily trips around town. But for some reason body armor is more controlled than weapons.

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz) reacts to Ted Cruz:

Subsequent tweets in response are mostly and strongly in agreement.

We need more like him, and less Andy Fucking Biggs.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I’m not certain of the context, but I agree.

LEO’s engaged Ramos before he entered the school and were unable to stop him. I’m guessing that armed teachers or school guards wouldn’t have fared any better.

Also, a solid fuck you to Paul Gosar. Far-Right Rep. Paul Gosar Tweets Lie That Texas Shooter Was Trans (yahoo.com)

Article on Yahoo gives some context. This was neither the first nor last in a series of tweets by Gallego, responding to remarks by Ted Cruz and others who still defended gun rights, but offered their “thoughts and prayers”

The series of tweets by Ruben Gallego on the subject –

I’ve never met Ruben Gallego, but I like him already.

If he or Beto are ever short on Cold Beer, I hope they’ll say ‘hi’.

But did they have armor piercing depleted uranium rounds? Time for our school crossing guards to step it up. They aren’t mall cops.

(hope you catch the sarcasm)

Clearly, we need to have some M1 Abrams tanks stationed at all schools, along with some FIM-92 Stinger missiles and some guards with XM250 auto rifles.

That’ll do the trick.

Of course, we should also remember that any mentally ill person also has the right to purchase some switchblade 300 anti-personnel drones, because 2nd amendment. So we might need to build some bunkers on the playgrounds for the kids to go into if needed.

Why exactly does the NRA ban all firearms from their national convention?

Don’t they want to be safe? It’s terribly confusing. I thought an armed convention would be a polite convention. What if a bad guy storms in there with a gun and there are no good guys to do some heroic actions?

Really, they should be making it mandatory that everyone at the convention is locked and loaded ready to go.

It’s a bit more nuanced than that:

but but but then Trump will be less safe. if there are no guns allowed. Do they want to get him killed or something? More guns = more safety.

Maybe they should allow only Trump to be armed.