Stupid things the Dope inspires you to do

Then you dug it out again, right?

Do it. DOOOO IIIIIIIT!

(just for the love of Peter Cottontail keep 'em out of your nose)

And be sure and clean the microwave afterward. :slight_smile:

That thread was started a week after I joined here. 8 years later, it’s still my favorite thread of all time.

I just stuck a Totino’s pizza up my nose.

The square pepperoni helps with that, I imagine.

I don’t know if this counts as stupid but over the last six days I have watched the first 15 episodes of Deadwood. It has certainly been detrimental to my sleeping habits.

And I just tried to shove my wedding ring up my right nostril while the kids were in the other room. Thankfully, it does not fit. Now or ever. That definitely qualifies as stupid.

Stuck a quarter up my nose, because I don’t have a wedding ring, and my finger is about the same width. It fit.

make sequential threads

Next candidate:

Stupid things the Dope inspires you to do

I bought a wig!!!

I ate a sandwich out of the toilet after some smack talk got out of hand. /ashamed

Contrary to certain rumors, it was in a baggie and not at all pee-soaked.

Post on the Dope

The Straight Dope: Inspiring People To Stick Metal Objects Into Their Nostrils Since 2003 (it’s easier than we thought)

Unless it’s the communal office microwave. In that case feel free to leave the exploded booger-covered Peeps in there for the next victim :cool:

Do you think that nose debris would survive a MinuteMaster ™ set on “High”?

Man, I’d hate to write the lab report…

The Dope has inspired me to:

• have some really intense conversations with my husband
  • read cracked.com for hours at a time
  • go to the grocery store to buy ingrediants to make chicken pot pie
  • just tried to put my wedding ring in my nose… no way, jose
  • learn more/care about my batshit crazy local politicians
  • truly examine how I feel about handshake-rape

I am sure there are others, but I have only been here for a year…

I can’t believe I’ve never looked at that thread before. How did I miss it? Unfortunately, or fortunately, I’m not sure which, I’ve never been married and I don’t wear jewelry, so I have nothing to shove up my nose.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of anything that fits the OP, for me. I’ve been here ten years, so I’m sure there is something.

Hmmm, I think I’ll leave that one to Consumer REports.

Although if you stick a bar of Ivory soap in the microwave for a minute it turns into a cool poofy iceberg type thing. The only drawback is the whole space will REEK of Ivory soap for at least a day.

oooo my microwave is about 6 years old and getting ready to die, we are replacing it this weekend, I think I know what we are doing with it before we drop it off at the town tip =)

Well, yeah, but if it is at work, or the kitchen of someone you don’t like…

You finger has the same diameter as a U.S QUARTER??? :eek: Dear, Og! The “big” in “BigT” is an understatement!

And they say big hands and big feet means…

faints

Booger-covered peeps in the work microwave - hmmm. Maybe on my last day there…