Submarine Sandwich Sizes

I live in the USA, and the sandwiches I most often see at stores are sold at 6 inch or 12 inch varieties, with larger sizes for “party subs”. There is of course some variance; I’ve seen stuff like 7 inch subs etc., but the most common I see are the 6 and 12 inch. Anyway, the question is what sizes do other countries(esp. those using the metric system) have? I would guess they wouldn’t sell sandwiches by the meter, it’s just too darn big. So… what size do they generally sell?

Where I live, just north of Boston, I rarely see subs sold by the inch. We generally just have small, sometimes medium, and large.

The Subway in Japan has the same choice of 6" and 12" (or perhaps slightly smaller), but they are called Medium and Large. Nobody else sells subs here, at least none that I could find.

Subway in the UK sells 6 and 12 inch ones, even though we are metric.

I believe I’m right in saying that they would not legally be able to sell the sandwiches at a ‘price per inch’ here, but to use imperial measure merely to describe the thing is OK.

“You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in France?”

“They don’t call it a quarter pounder with cheese?”

“No, they got the metric system…”
Aw, skip it.

6 and 12 inch here in metric Australia too.

6 and 12 in Canada, although I seem to remember at times 8" being the small size in some places.

It’s all a conspiracy, isn’t it?

Just wanted to chip in and say that if you go to Tubby’s, they have 6", 8", and 12". Ahh, variety!

6" and Footlong at Subway here in India, even though we are metric.