SUDS: The Musical - HELP!

Hello,

I’m involved in a production of Suds: The Musical that’s just starting rehearsals, and I’ve got a bit of a problem. The company that sells the rights (which we have acquired, all properly) no longer sells the CD of pre-recorded music they used to sell, suggesting instead that live musicians be used.

We’re using live musicians, and have a musical director that’ll be accompanying us on keyboard for rehearsals… but I still want the CD!

I’m in the show, and I will be spending personal time rehearsing as well as the scheduled cast rehearsals. I would like to have the show CD to work with for this.

Does anyone know where I could get one? I have been unsuccessful on Google and EBay.

I don’t suppose any Doper has a spare copy kicking around…?

Thanks for any help,
thwartme

Hi thwartme. While I don’t have an answer to your specific question, I can say that in my experience, the musical director might be prevailed upon to make a recording of the accompaniment for actors’ personal use. It would be piano only instead of full band, of course, but certainly serviceable for private practice.

Failing that, many actors I know bring portable recorders to rehearsal and practice with those recordings.

And may I say, as a member of the Musicians’ Union (Local 802, NYC), thank you guys for supporting live music!