Usually, my wife and I watch Korean dramas on TV Friday through Sunday. The latest drama we were watching ended this past Sunday. I enjoy spending time with her but I’m getting sick of sitting in front of the TV, plus we have to schedule our weekends around the show (have to be home when it starts, have to cancel events that might cut into the start time.)
So, I’d like to do something else on the weekends with my wife. Couple stipulations:
- Can’t be too expensive (especially with taxes due in just another month.)
- Shouldn’t be in front of the TV just watching something else.
- Should be interactive where interacting with each other is the majority of the activity.
- Should be something educational or provide an opportunity for personal growth.
- Can’t be overly time-consuming, maybe a total of 10 hours from Friday to Sunday.
Our brainstorm so far:
- Origami. (Frontrunner so far.)
- Making 100-level friends (problem here is that she thinks we should go out and make separate groups of friends first, then introduce them to each other.)
- Model building. (Very, very expensive. My wife wants to do jigsaw puzzles, I want to do plastic models that range from $200-400.)
- Starting a blog or other Internet project. (Problem: we’re both very personal and private people.)
- Collecting something. (I’m interested in expensive crap like football cards and comics, but would also be open to collecting mp3’s and/or making playlists of our existing songs.)
Whatever you guys suggest would be great…but hurry! If we don’t figure something out by this week, I’m afraid she might latch onto the next k-drama that replaced the one that just ended.