Summer is here! Any cool vacation plans?

For 10 days at the beginning of August I’m going to visit the American I referred to in this thread, in Los Angeles. Apparently, so far the wooing is working. :slight_smile:

In theory, we’re going to be doing all sorts of fun things including surfing (which I’ve never done), Disney Land (which I’ve also never done), Sea World or the San Diego Zoo (where I’ve never been) and absolutely no shopping, whatsoever.

I may have to start a “What to do in LA?” thread for suggestions, assuming, of course, that I actually let him out of the house… :smiley:

I’m going to Belgium for a chess tournament. :slight_smile:

And to eat chips with mayonnaise…

DopeFest comes to mind…

YES YES YES and we leave in less than 2 weeks. I’m a little excited!

We are leaving Ottawa on July 15th@ 6:00 am, heading to Watertown, NY for some shopping, then making our way to Amherst, OH, staying there for 2 nights with visits to Cedar Pointe in Sandusky and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. After that, we are making our way to Chicago for a 2 nights stay in Villa Park, IL, going to the Shedd Aquarium (squeeee) and Lincoln Park Zoo.

Then we head on up to Detroit for a Tigers game on the Wednesday. Thursday we drive up to Brantford, ON for a few days with family and my brother in law’s wedding, then we head home on the Monday.

Lotsa driving, but lotsa fun too.

I couldn’t fit the whole phrase in, but I wanted to write “Always swimming upstream of the herd”. We hit six different rivers last summer. Only two so far this year.

Just got back from 3 days in the UP of Michigan…heaven on earth.

Mostly, I’ll be working. I’ll probably take a weekend to go see my buddy up in Boston, but I’ll be doing a lot of working. The upshot of this is that I’ll have a bunch of money at the end of the summer.