Summer's coming, what's your Cocktail?

I haven’t seen the “Ice Pick” mentioned yet: vodka and iced tea.

Just a comment: Beer is not a cocktail. Nor is bourbon neat, which is what I’m drinking right now. A cocktail is a mixed drink of at least 2 ingredients. Everybody knows that we beer drinkers swill suds all summer long. I think what the OP wants are mixed drink preferences for hotter weather.

(Or I’ve got my head up my ass as usual.)

Yes, I know beer is not a cocktail. But I was using poetic license. :smiley:

Wait! I know! How about a nice old-fashioned boilermaker? That has beer in it.

Mmmmm, beer.

How about a red beer?

How about a red beer?

Served with celery and sipped through a straw…ugh…

:smack:

[QUOTE=silenus]
Great suggestion, delphica. I’ll be sure to pass it on to the wife, who is in charge of our vodka supply.

[/QUOTE]

If you’re entertaining, you can also pick up a bag of those frozen blueberries, and then garnish each cocktail with them – they melt and you can fish them out and eat them later.

[QUOTE=Only Mostly Dead]

Broken Wind, you can keep your Tanq (far too sharp an alcoholic bite), make my G&T with nice, smooth Sapphire.
[/QUOTE]

Starting tomorrow at approximately 2PM Pacific Time, that’s how I’ll be making them all summer long. Or until I run out of Sapphire (not any time soon, I bought a 1.75L bottle and I’m the only gin drinker).

Earlier tonight I mixed up:

4 shots of mango rum
2 bananas
12 ice cubes
2 cups milk
a good heaping of Hershey’s syrup
Outstanding I say! Weeeee

Caipirojska…

Crush several mint leaves, some sugar and a few slices of lime. Add lots of ice. Pour in Vodka. Stir. Drink. Aaahh. :cool:

Summer’s coming? Who cares? 1/3 Whiskey + 2/3 Coke 365.25 days a year.

Long Island Ice Tea.
Mostly it is just beer

[QUOTE=gouda]
Caipirojska..

Crush several mint leaves, some sugar and a few slices of lime. Add lots of ice. Pour in Vodka. Stir. Drink. Aaahh. :cool:
[/QUOTE]

Heh, sounds very close to a mojito, only with vodka instead of rum. I’ll need to try this.

The Mojito! Nothing screams summer like a nice refreshing mojito. Extra, mint please.

[QUOTE=delphica]
I love this, and if you’re not opposed to flavored vodkas, someone recently introduced me to using the Stoli blueberry flavor in the lemonade which I consider a very nice little twist for a great summer drink.
[/QUOTE]

I mis-remembered this suggestion and bought Stoli Raspberry instead. Wow! It turns cheap lemonade into a quite nice way to pass the afternoon. Thanks for the tip.

Margarita, Mojito or Vodka lemonade. Any one of which puts me in a good mood after work on Friday.

For those who don’t know what blondebear is talking about…

Red Beer is a delicious, nutritious 50-50 mixture of ice-cold cheap beer and ice-cold V-8 juice.

Don’t be grossed out until you taste it. For some reason, is seems colder and more refreshing than plain old cold beer.

**Blondebear ** must be from St. Louis. I learned about Red Beer from my St. Louis brother-in-law. Who touted it as a hangover cure.

I first encountered red beer on the farm in Kansas, many years ago. It was gross then and it’s gross now!

Cuban Breeze (among others). Researched the recipe after hearing mention of it in a Donald Fagen song.

1 oz. Vodka (I don’t use a premium vodka as for my money one can’t tell the difference in a mixed drink)
1 oz. Creme de Almond (Yummy stuff…a cross between Robitussin and maraschino cherry juice…really.)
6 oz. Pineapple juice

Stir everything together and serve on the rocks. A great summertime drink!

You can do a lot with a mojito, like add coconut milk, or mago puree, to give it a more fruity taste. It’s not a classic mojito (and it’s impossible to improve on perfection), but it does change things up.

I also like gin and Sprite with half a lime squeezed into the bottom of the glass and just a teaspoon of sugar to give it that fizzy head. I also like a gin & tonic with lime tonic, half a squeezed lime, and some sugar. I’m so going to try the G&T with grapefruit soda instead of tonic.

One I just read about recently and want to try is a watermelon margarita-- throw some seedless watermelon in a blender, then mix with lemon/lime soda and tequila. Could be tinkered with, and lime juice used instead of the soda, but I like watermelon and tequila, so it could be awesome.