Sunday Morning Puzzle #51--- More Mixed-up Movies

SMP #51 is dedicated to C.L. McRae

This week’s puzzle involves ten movie titles with something in common. The titles were broken into “doublets” and the doublets were then alphabetized. For example, if a title was “Sunday Puzzle Fifty-one”, then it would be broken into SU ND AY PU ZZ LE FI FT YO NE and alphabetized thus: AY FI FT LE ND NE PU SU YO ZZ.

Problems:
I. Before the breaking of each title into doublets, the common factor was changed. The titles still relate, but with the change, they relate in a different way.
II. Four additional doublets have been added to each title. These doublets are not part of the titles at all.

Mitigating Circumstance: When the extra doublets are correctly ordered within each entry, they will spell out (reading from 1 to 10) an appropriate quote from Charles Wadsworth.

1. AM BY EN EO ET EW FT HE IM IN NE PH TH TH

2. EA EA EU LE MA NC NR NS OF SI TH

3. AN DS GR HA HO HY LI NO ON RT ST ZE

4. AY BE DI EC ED EP ER ES HI IP OF OU RT SH SI ST ST TH TM

5. AT EC ET HE HE HE MY NI RO RW SF

6. AS BA CK ER FU GH LL MO RI SA TH TH WA

7. AL AU EU LO LY MY NT RY SG SU

8. AW BR DE EB HA HE NL NW OF OT RI RI SA SO TH

9. DA ER FE HO HT IN KS LI TH TH UG WI

10. CE CO CO DE DI DS HE IN LE LI MO ND ND NG ON RE RO SE SW TT US VE VI

Can you find the original movie titles, the altered movie titles, and the quote?

And by then, he’s forgotten that occasionally the son was right!

Once again, a huge POP from the audience for Peregrine who solves the puzzle in near-record time!

You get the Destinguished Analytical Doper award.

Sorry I’m late - someone took unauthorized pictures of my cat’s feet and Pumpkin was very upset about it.
(Wait for it.)

Yes, Pumpkin and I spent the afternoon looking for the guy who shot his paw!
(Compared to the last one, this puzzle was, ahem, relatively easy.)

Well. I Just got my home computer working so I’ll have no excuses now. This one, of course, took me a while Biotop, but I’ll see if I can’t get back into the flow…