Superman is a pussy (yeah, thats right! You heard me!)

Superman is a total pussy!

There, I said it, and I’d say it again!

Superman is bulletproof, superstrong, can fly, has heat vision, x-ray vision, he’s got superbreath that can freeze things solid (very improbable psysics there) and whats his only weakness? I’ll tell you, Kryptonite. A &%#ing glowing green rock from another %#&ing planet. Hardly something you could find on E-bay.

Superman is like that whiny rich girl at school who’s always complaining about how diffucult life is. Whats more, he’s got all these powers going for him it still takes the entire comic book to catch Lex Luthor. I mean, take SpiderMan, he gets the job done in the same number of pages, and all he has going for him is sticky fingers and some souped-up silly string. Christ! I mean, if I had all those powers I’d have Lex whimpering like a whipped pup long before the Sea Monkey ads.

On the subject of Lex Luthor, sigh…where to begin. How dickless an arch enemy can you get? a guy who’s not only folicularly challanged, but color blind as well (purple and green spandex accesorized with crossed bandoliers?! Please, I’ve seen San Francisco sissyboys who wouldn’t wear anything THAT flamboyant). And what beef did Lex have with Superman? I’ll tell you, Superman (when he was still superboy) saved young Lex from a lab fire with his superbreath, but in the process accidently blew out all Lex’s hair. What!?! I’ve seen Monty Python sketches that were less absurd!

Surely the most embarrasing thing about Lex Luthor was that his master plans were so frequently foiled using Hostess Fruit Pies and Twinkies. Check out this scenereo: Lex manages to capture the Man of Steel in a giant Kryptonite jar, Superman flashes some tasty Hostess cupcakes, and this genius opens the jar to get both the cupcakes and a one way ticket to an orange jumpsuit and a cellmate named Bubba (who will, ironically, be calling Lex “cupcake” from now on).

I’d like to take a moment to mention that Dr. Doom’s evil machinations would NEVER be foiled by cupcakes. Why, you ask? The Doc’s got focus, thats why.

Finally, what really cheeses me off about Superman was that, with all these incredable powers, he still relied on cheap plot contrivences to save the day! When he needed to breathe in space, suddenly he could breathe in space! If Lois managed to actually get herself killed, bang, he flies around the earth so fast that it reverses the earths rotation, and thus sending time flowing backwards so that he could travel in time and save her(I hear Stephen Hawking filled an entire colostomy bag when he heard about that one). Why even bother fighting that giant robot when you could just travel back in time and punch the evil professor in the nose before he even invents it? Hell, why even bother to do that when you could foil it by sending Jimmy Olson out with a bag of Hostess fruit pies?

So the gauntlet is thrown! Superman, I call you out! I got a planet with a red sun all picked out. Just you and me if your man enough, mano e Supermano. We’ll see whos the boss!

No Kryptonite, no robots, no mercy. You know where to reach me.

inky

Well, maybe Superman should stop selling out to Hostess, and then he won’t look like a pussy to everyone.

That’s why Batman is so cool. No superpowers - he’s just a guy.

In a stupid outfit.

“Waheeey! ‘Duck!’ Get it?”
“Errr… No…”
“Duck! Sounds almost exactly like fu-”

Hey, the guy was orphaned at an early age. What role models did he have? The Clarks? Gimme a break. Hick farmers. Sure, he’s a bit of a klutz, but he tries, and his intentions are good.

I don’t know what Spidey’s intentions are. Personally, I never trusted him.

Anyway, Spiderman is a comic book hero. Superman is real.

If you’re hot, that’s good.
If you’re cool, that’s good.

I don’t get it.

Kryptonite is a real thing.

Whatever happened to being able to dream/ Superman is NOT a real person, duh.

Only wussy thing about him is that when someone shoots him he lets bullets bounce off him but ducks when they throw the gun at him later.

How often do you think Superman cops a peak with that x-ray vision?

What the heck does he need an oven for?

And for once I’d like to see him use a bathroom stall instead of the phone booth.

Tenacious, like a coonhound tracking a poodle in heat.

Has Superman ever gotten any?

If so, wouldn’t his sperm be really strong, too? If he were to splooge, would it shoot through Lois’ head?

When he fought Doomsday, why didn’t he just fling him into the vacuum of space?

“It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in an argument” - William McAdoo

Hubzilla, “getting it” is a problem for Superman. You see, he’s, uh, faster than a speeding bullet.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Hubzilla, that topic has been covered in Larry Niven’s essay MAN OF STEEL, WOMAN OF KLEENEX. It can be found in the book All The Myriad Ways.

This was discussed at great length on the GQ Message Board, a few months ago… Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the thread.

However, here’s the link to Larry Niven’s Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

slythe and CKDH beat me to the Niven cite, but I’ll also throw in Gilbert Shelton’s Wonder Wart-Hog for a grisly graphic musing on the results of a similar coupling.

The OP (perhaps just a bit tounge in cheek?) gives us examples from the pre-Infinity Crisis Superman and Lex Luthor. DC comics annihilated their entire universe and started over again just so they could disown those bad, bad old story lines; especially all those red kryptonite stories.

The new Superman is less like, well, like a comic book character, and more like a real person. For one thing, although DC is low key about it, he has indeed “got some”, before he met Lois even.

Dear Inky:
Superman is not a pussy, but he is as boring as hell.
Incidentally, Supes – at least the old Supes; it’s been years since I’ve read comics on a regular basis – was also vulnerable to magic and something called Q energy.
The best superhero remains the first:
Long live Doc Savage, the Arch Enemy of Evil.

Doc Savage was great in his own way, but HE didn’t know what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Kent Allard was the true hero of the day.

When fighting Doomsday he in fact did fling him into deep water in hopes that being in the mud would slow Doomsday down. It didn’t work.

He also tried carrying him into space (Doomsday managed to wriggle free and hit Supes).

Note, that Doomsday is capable of surviving in space as detailed in later issues, but Superman would have easily defeated him since he would have been immobile.

By the way, it seems to me that when I as just a lad I recall a certain Dr. Doom being defeated by Twinkies.

Gimme Underdog any day.

See my post on pussies.

Batman is also a little bit of a pussy!
you say that he’s just a normal guy fighting crime, but look at him, his car is bulletproof, his bat cave has tecnology that no one has ever heard of, he’s got all those little toys of his and he’s stronger than a character called Rhino who is two feet taller that him, weighs about a hundred pounds more and can knock down walls!

How can Batman beat this guy all the time??
I say that the real heroes are the police officers in Gotham and in Metropolis, they got the balls to go up against someone they can’t beat but still give it a try!

Those guys are cool!

Damn you Glitch, Doctor Doom could not, would not, be defeated by Twinkies!

Take it back!!

Inkx

I remember the same thing about Doom and the snacks, though I think they were Hostess ™ Fruit Pies and not Twinkies ™.