Surely someone sees a problem with this picture

Typical retrofit nightmare.:rolleyes:

That’s my thought too. It seems dangerous to me even if it does open all the way down.

It looks to me like the photo was take with a wide angle lens, which tends to distort appearances. The space into which the oven door opens is partially hidden by the refrigerator, which looks huge because it’s close to the camera.

Look at the first, third and fifth pictures on the web site: http://www.citylightsonfig.com/gallery/two-bedroom/. It’s the same kitchen seen from different angles and distances. In the first and third, it’s clear that the oven door will open. In the fifth, it looks like the oven door will hit the fridge. The difference is the angle and distance of the camera from the fridge, and the focal length of the lens. The original picture in question is just a crop of the fifth picture, which exaggerates the effect.

Exactly.

I don’t know refrigerators enough to know if that refrigerator has a common depth dimension size. I just hope that it isn’t an off-size model. Today that oven door opens just fine, but what if that refrigerator dies?
A half inch longer depth on the new one would probably ruin that tenant’s whole day…

Some people just hate baking.

I’m pretty sure it will open. The whole apartment looks compact but perfectly designed. A clunky oven door doesn’t fit anywhere into that image.

I’m sure there’s plenty of room for the over door. Photographs of furniture tend to mess with perspective.

Yeah, me too. I was examining everything shiny to find the reflected penis, all the while bracing myself for the demon face jump scare.

Yeah, I was looking for a reflection of the naked photographer on the refrigerator. :wink:

From the angle of the first picture, I thought the problem was having to vault the counter-top in order to enter the kitchen. (the counter where the coffee mug is sitting.)