Swampbear Stalks Seattle In May

Ha! I just won’t wear socks!
I guess I’d just have to drink alot more, to forget how muh I dislike salmon.

Oh, I just checked and the honey is the fireman on the 14th, so he’ll be protecting the citizenary from fire and mayhem while we have fun.
I think I’ll have to pass on the Underground Tour. Doc Manard’s doesn’t have safe parking for my 'Vette.

stargazer Thanks for the menu. I know Ballard, so the location is great for me. The parking lot’s big so I won’t have to park the 'Vette somewhere in Magnolia.

** Swampy**, how are you getting around? Will you be driving?
The Warwick is within walking distance of Doc Maynard’s which is where the underground tour takes off (unless they moved in the last 12 years, which is when I last the the tour.)
Chinook’s is not within walking distance to anywhere. [vague comic reference](unless you have the time)[/vcr] But it won’t be hard to find. (go north on Western to the Nickerson exit going west, its on the right at the bottom of the hill.)
** Aguecheek** could you e-mail me what time dinner will be? Thanks :smiley:

picunurse I’m sorry your honey won’t be able to join us. I’m glad though that he will be protecting the citizenry from fire and general mayhem. It’s good he’s out there ensuring against outbreaks of general mayhem. I’ll have a car cause I gotta get around for work and all that stuff, so I’m covered. I figure it like this, if I can drive around the likes of Chicago and Atlanta and not get lost I can handle Seattle. Heck, having done such things as going places that are 100 miles from the nearest airport and finding em, I figure I can find my way to anywhere.

I emailed Aguecheek last night. We’ll be talking more when I get back from my niece’s wedding in Chicago this weekend. Sniff my next to youngest baby is gettin’ married! Sniff Plus I get to meet the lovely and talented LifeOnWry for drinks and such while I’m there! A wedding and meeting a Doper. Sounds like a good weekend to me! Talk to y’all next week!

Its nearly impossible to get lost in Seattle. Go too far west you get wet and salty, go too far east you just get wet. Elliott Bay (part of Puget Sound) to the west, and Lake Washington, approx 25 miles long, to the east.
There just isn’t anywhere to park. :smiley:

[QUOTE=swampbear]
picunurse I’m sorry your honey won’t be able to join us. I’m glad though that he will be protecting the citizenry from fire and general mayhem. It’s good he’s out there ensuring against outbreaks of general mayhem. I’ll have a car cause I gotta get around for work and all that stuff, so I’m covered. I figure it like this, if I can drive around the likes of Chicago and Atlanta and not get lost I can handle Seattle. Heck, having done such things as going places that are 100 miles from the nearest airport and finding em, I figure I can find my way to anywhere.

[QUOTE]

A gay man… with a sense of direction? Sign me up! (I hate how every time you start a thread, I’ll reply with either nonsense, if it’s a nonsense thread, or with flattery when the topic doesn’t concern me. :p)

[QUOTE=swampbear]

[QUOTE]

A gay man… with no idea how to code? Thank god I’ll be hundreds of miles away. I wouldn’t want to miscode all over your salmon.

[QUOTE=chaoticdonkey]

[QUOTE=swampbear]

That would be socks :smiley:

Personally, I loathe salmon. Ick! I have found, however, that most seafood restaurants will always have at least a cheeseburger on the menu, so it’s all good.

I’ve e/mailed swampbear with a couple of thoughts on times, and so on, so we’re on our way. picunurse, you want I should send you an e/mail of my thoughts thus far, or shall we wait until we’ve got things a little more nailed down? BTW, you see how swampbear’s gotta car? I’ll betcha if you can get a bus downtown, he’d be more than happy to drive you to Ballard for dinner if you want to go on the Underground Tour…

Which brings me to one point - Chinook’s is about 5 miles away from Doc Maynard’s, so we’re going to have to organize a way for people to get from one to the other if they’re doing both. I’ll wait until a few more people have yea’d or nay’d before spending too much mental energy on it.

Next up: An update on what I’ve got so far. Stay tuned!

Myself and Mr. Taters will most definitely be in attendance for this auspicious occasion.

As things are hammered out, I’d appreciate an e-mail too Aguecheek. My e-mail is in my profile. Just put SDMB or Swampbear in the subject line so I know it’s you.

Although I don’t hate salmon, there was a time I was good and sick of it! Growing up here and fishing meant tons of salmon, all the time. This meant we had to eat it…a lot. Ugh!

I can it again, but will eat copper river salmon before I eat any of any other type. Unfortunately, you only get copper river salmon in June, or thereabouts.

Sounds great! I’ve been wanting to do an Underground Tour on a Dopefest for a couple of years.

I’ll definitely attend.

Spectre of Pithecanthropus, I would suggest, for someone only in Seattle for a few hours, that you either walk down to the waterfront and enjoy the aquarium and lots of interesting tourist shops and restaurants, or that you catch the monorail up to Seattle Center. Since you express some interest in the World’s Fair, you probably want the latter choice. You get to ride the monorail built for the fair, see the Space Needle, and check out the other remains of the fair, such as the Pacific Science Center and the International Fountain (which has been completely rebuilt from the fair’s original, but it still has the same feeling). You can also check out the Experience Music Project and the Science Fiction Museum, if you aren’t tired of paying admission prices yet.

We may be able to get there earlier as well.
What time is Swampy’s plane airriving? <–That was a mistype, but I liked it, so I left it in.

Er… I prove the exception to the rule. I’ve gotten lost on Queen Anne in the dark. There’s a reason I keep a compass AND an atlas in the car. :frowning:

I thought he said he’d be arriving around 3:00 or 4:00, but I may be wrong. He didn’t send his itinerary to me.

He told me his plane got in around 12:00, so he’d probably be getting to the hotel around 2:00. But this is all conjecture at this point, as he didn’t have an itinerary yet. He’ll send that to me as soon as possible.

I’ll wait until you have things nailed down. I just don’t want to forget.
I just don’t do buses. I have no problem driving to Chinook’s, besides, I like showing off my hot car :smiley: If necessary, I can swing by Doc M’s to pick someone up, but the 'Vette only holds one passenger, and it has to be one who doesn’t mind a little hair reconstruction at the end of the ride. Its a convertible.

Well, maybe on Queen Anne or Magnolia. They seem to be set up as rabbit warrens.
BTW, here’s a virtual tour of Seattle and surroundings. Its more fun than anything else.

Got my niece all married off, partied large and now I’m back! I am supposed to arrive at Sea-Tac at 11:07 AM on May 14th. Don’t y’all just love how they give the time like that! If that’s the case, then I possibly will be at my hotel by around oneish if I understand the driving directions right. I, of course, have to get my luggage, rent the car and all that good stuff. I think Saturday will be the better time. My brain will be somewhat fuzzed cause it’ll be thinking it’s three hours later than it really is but I need to make it adjust to PDT so if I did do stuff til lateish Saturday night, I’ll sleep on more of a PDT schedule. Elsewise I’d be wanting to go to bed at 7 PM and wanting to get up at 4AM or something like that. So, see, all you Seattleites, you’d be doing me a favor.

I’m all up for the underground tour, dinner, bar crawl, or whatever we come up with to entertain ourselves. Once again, thanks to Aguecheek for being our fearless leader. I’ll email ya with some more details this week, I promise. Since I will have a car, it will be available to assist in transporting though I may want one of you who know more about where you’re going to do the driving. Besides, I’ve always wanted a private chauffer! :smiley:

Swampy, glad to hear your niece survived her wedding, and more important, that you did too. Did you cry? :slight_smile:
I assume you’ll have a car reserved, so that shouldn’t take that long.
Hey, since my hubby will be busy being a hero that day, can I bring a friend. He’s gay and cute… but I’d be bringing him, not for you, but for me … in case you guys are boring… :smiley:

I just realized that the cooking show I’m involved in at the PBS station is being produced on the 14th. If the 14th is the day for the fest, I may have to miss the tour part, but I should be able to make the restaurant.

Looking forward to meeting some of you, and to seeing some of you again.

What’s this? I’m supposed to be interesting? That sure sounds like a lot of work. :stuck_out_tongue:

I may be able to attend with Mr. Cherry but wont know until the date is closer. I’ve only lived here, well more like Whidbey Island for two months, so if you could post details about where and when that would be great. I will check back later, hopefull I can make it. So is this sort of an informal dopefest?