Sweet three-toed sloth of ice planet Hoth! New Futurama tonight.

Single Female Lawyer = Ally McBeal.

Really liked them, but Im biased because I liked the movies and pretty much all of last season as well. These two were definitely better than average, bordering on great.

Bender was already a dad!

Til he sold his firstborn son to the robot devil, of course…

I’m confused, why did was the ancient Martian spaceship the only one working on Earth? :confused: I got that it was somehow related to the solar flairs screwing up the electronics, but everything (most obviously the robots) seemed to be working just fine.

nm

The robots weren’t running on electricity at that point. You see Bender in one scene converted to function as a wind-up machine. I’m not sure why they couldn’t use similar alternatives for the ships, but maybe just because the electricity required to function was so much greater than for an individual robot.

Edit: I forget, what currently fuels the spaceships now that dark matter no longer functions as a fuel?

I made a thread about this where at least for me personally their on again off again relationship had progressed to emotionally abusive, and I was disgusted with both of them. I mean I thought this has been put to a rest, then the first movie it was alive again and it occupied all of the film almost. The rest of the movies it still comes and goes, until in Green Yonder they are a couple at the end. Whoops then they aren’t!

:rolleyes:

If they were real people I’d say they both need serious psych help.

No backsies!

Can I just use this thread to express a long standing bugbear with me ?

It used to be, before endless repeats on Cable, that a new SERIES would be made and shown.

Now we get a new episode made, and we’re made to feel thankful for that.

We’re the customers and the people who ultimately pay for our entertainment, so why do we have to put up with this crap ?

If we stop watching then they’ve got to go out and get a job.

But we can’t afford it, you hear them say !

We pay the actors X incredible amount per episode .

Well guess what, when the show jumps the shark you’ll be begging for viewers.

And guess what?

We won’t be there.

I assume you’re aware, but this is unfortunately obviously not what the writers were ever intending. It’s always seemed that Fry and Leela are supposed to be a “will they or won’t they” couple who will finally get together in the finale. And they have. Three different times.

Presumably their relationship would be less frustrating if the show didn’t keep coming back from the dead.

I’m really confused about what your complaint is? Are you saying that you’re annoyed that shows go on too long and that channels need to produce more new shows?

I don’t think that’s really a trend; there’s still tons of new stuff being made, and some TV shows (such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and BSG) are actually being finished by their creators rather than being cancelled.

Whale oil. It was already in use as a fuel (it runs the VW van in Bendin’ in the Wind), and the Planet Express ship has a whale-shaped fuel indicator in one of the new episodes.

One of the episodes had a sight gag in the opening with that picture of Fry and a caption with something like “not sure if rerun or not”. :smiley:

“Not sure if new episode, or just rerun of episode I watched drunk.”

Isn’t it an already established meme and they’re just commenting on it/using it?

Hehe nice little nerd joke this week. “If elected I will build a Dyson fence across the southern hemisphere”
and the visual later :slight_smile:

I loved the opening shot where instead of crashing the ship into the big video screen, Leela does a fly-by past it. Bender then notices the screen says “FREE BEER” and grabs the wheel so that the ship crashes into it after all.

I’ve learned I am incapable of saying the phrase, “Old fashioned Quaker thuggery,” without smiling.

From last week’s episodes, I loved that Bender’s son with the soda machine was named Ben Vending Rodriguez.

“Good Old Quaker thuggery" actually, I know, I watched an rewatched those ten seconds many times.

This episode was excellent, and I laughed a lot, despite it being a 30 minute Obama commercial.