Taboo things that you find humorous?

Oh, I could write a book about mine! ‘The Kardashians’ were staying in her back bedroom. My brother who lives 2000 miles away ‘went into his office’ through her fireplace! She wrote detailed notes to her other son (living in a group home for the last 10 years) giving him instructions on what to eat, what clothes to put on, what chores to do - she missed her poor sick baby more than my deceased father (who was parked outside her house in a red car) and my deceased grandmother was sitting on the front steps, disappearing, reappearing, disappearing - I got calls at 2, 3, 4,or 5 a.m., with breathless updates.

I see your socks with open-toe shoes and raise you socks with Birkenstocks.

Incest. Specifically the booking pictures. They always look like people who would be arrested for committing incest.

Ethnic jokes. Love 'em.

That’s why most “taboo” humor is lame. People laugh at it only because it’s taboo. If it weren’t taboo, they wouldn’t even pay attention. It isn’t clever. It isn’t insightful. It has nothing to say.

You could probably say this about 90% of what passes as “humor.”

You can’t depict testicles in american media. Yet apparently it is just fine in Japan, even in kids media. I find Pom Poko, and the catbus in Totoro teabagging the camera, fall-down hilarious :smiley:

All of the above.

Let’s see… Airplane! made jokes out of, um, disaster movies, drug addiction (“I picked the wrong time to quit __”), pedophilia, mortally ill children, one cultural dialect… and several other serious subjects. And most of the jokes were extremely stupid (“and don’t call me Shirley”). And it’s one of the funniest movies of all time.

So yeah, all of the above.

Yep, dementia is hilarious. Especially my MIL. It was like trying to corral baby monkeys wherever you took her. Her whole 95lbs could get into more jams. We laughed and laughed at things she said. She invariably laughed along with us. The entire ordeal could be disasterous at any time and we knew it would end in her death, but we couldn’t help laughing in the moment. It made the thing slightly more bearable.

I always thought Reagan with dementia was pretty funny, he’d be calling out mommy and Nancy wouldn’t know if he meant her, or his a real mother.

If I answered honestly, I’d be banned.

It can’t be that terrible;)

It would melt your eyes, Dear Rebecca. No ‘Promise’ ring for you, on any timeline.

Wait, what?

Aw, man. I lose again. Story of my life.:wink:

Al Bundy

No.

Glad I’m not the only one. I’d rather not search - my google data is pretty whacky as it is, thanks partially to various Doper threads - but if there’s a picture that explains this, I wouldn’t mind seeing it.

My sense of humor is…well, elastic. Eclectic. Eccentric. And somewhat dark or brutal. Antisocial might be a good overall descriptor.

So, a lot of taboo humor makes me laugh. Dead baby and dead kid jokes; schadenfreude regarding dead or unfortunate celebrities, horrible crimes, disaster, current events, and the latest headline grabbing atrocities.

Here’s an old-ass one that still makes me giggle:

[spoiler]*How many exploding cigars does it take to kill 25 migrant farm workers?

One Corona.[/spoiler]

Prejudice-based jokes only if they’re fresh and unusual, which is rare, and actually funny, which is rarer still.

Oh, and limericks–the dirtier and more perverse the better.

What’s the difference between a baby and a watermelon?

One’s fun to smash with a sledgehammer, the other’s a tasty treat