Taking an indefinite break from the SMDB

::logs onto internet::

::checks primary email for love letters from alyson hannigan::

::finds none, slinks off in disappointment, in passing dispatches genetically engineered, flame-breathing, etc. howler monkeys to wreak havok on randomly chosen locale::

::checks secondary email for no particular reason::

::sees puzzling message from SDMB re: re-upping::

::checks this thread::

::sees that gigi has kindly paid bill for me::

::begins to weep in gratitude::

::remembers that organic tear ducts were surgically removed upon admittance to super-villains’ guild & replaced with sulfuric acid squirters::

::hastily stops crying::

::teleports gigi entire key lime pie in gratitude::

::teleports other well-wishers individual pieces of pie just on general principles::

::begins to recall howler monkeys but remembers super-villain guild bylaws forbids general good deeds::

::redirects howler monkeys to France because, hey, who’ll miss it::

Welcome back. Hey. where’ve you been? We missed ya!

[QUOTE=fishbicycle]
Welcome back. Hey. where’ve you been? We missed ya!
[/QUOTE]

Oh, please. I hadn’t even left yet; gigi didn’t give me the opportunity before riding up on a white horse.

Ahh, you’re cool Gigi. We would have missed Skald too much if he left. For a straight guy he’s pretty awesome. (or at least manages to appear that way on here) :wink:

[QUOTE=Antinor01]
Ahh, you’re cool Gigi. We would have missed Skald too much if he left. For a straight guy he’s pretty awesome. (or at least manages to appear that way on here) :wink:
[/QUOTE]

First, I’m an EXTREMELY PRETTY straight guy.

Second, I’m only 98% straight. Have I not made my position on Mandy Patinkin clear? :dubious:

I miss Wally.

[QUOTE=Skald the Rhymer]
Oh, please. I hadn’t even left yet; gigi didn’t give me the opportunity before riding up on a white horse.
[/QUOTE]
I know. I was funnin’ ya. By the way, did you change your name from something else? I don’t remember seeing your name in these fora until just recently, as you’ve started a bunch of interesting threads.

[QUOTE=fishbicycle]
I know. I was funnin’ ya. By the way, did you change your name from something else? I don’t remember seeing your name in these fora until just recently, as you’ve started a bunch of interesting threads.
[/QUOTE]

Dig is Sig in the Op:

[QUOTE=fishbicycle]
I know. I was funnin’ ya. By the way, did you change your name from something else? I don’t remember seeing your name in these fora until just recently, as you’ve started a bunch of interesting threads.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’m gonna answer THAT one to someone who is obviously a confederate of the Super-Friends. Whaddaya think I am, a maroon?

Check the sig.

Oh, sorry. I’ve had signatures turned off since Day 1. I’ve never seen anybody’s. But thanks.

Yay!

brushes away a howler monkey Damn things.

Well done, Gigi. A classy thing to do. Welcome back or welcome staying, or whatever. Glad to see it.

OOoo! I’ve got virtual pie! Who’s for a piece?

[QUOTE=Anaamika]
Yay!

brushes away a howler monkey Damn things.
[/QUOTE]

Anaamika, have you gone mad? You KNOW the monkeys have strict orders never to harm YOU. If there was a howler monkey close enough for you to brush it away, you were clearly in imminent danger of being attacked by someone else. You got any enemies?

[QUOTE=Skald the Rhymer]

Second, I’m only 98% straight. Have I not made my position on Mandy Patinkin clear? :dubious:
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, no not really, but I’m trying to imagine it.

I assume you’re on top?

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
Hmmm, no not really, but I’m trying to imagine it.

I assume you’re on top?
[/QUOTE]

I have too much dignity to answer that question.

[QUOTE=Skald the Rhymer]
Anaamika, have you gone mad? You KNOW the monkeys have strict orders never to harm YOU. If there was a howler monkey close enough for you to brush it away, you were clearly in imminent danger of being attacked by someone else. You got any enemies?
[/QUOTE]

Well, they do stand so close. But I do appreciate it.

I want to know about this Mandy Patinkin thing, too.

[QUOTE=Tracy Lord]
Beat me to it! :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I would’ve been quite willing to if nobody else beat me to it. It’d be worth it; Cafe Society would be a lot duller without you.

I shall miss your threads and your replies greatly – I have learned much from the likes of you. And by all means, you must let us know the title of your tome when it is published. I am an aspiring novelist myself, and I intend to single-handedly re-invigorate the industry of literature by buying a copy of every new title published! I assume you will re-subscribe with the proceeds from your first royalty check. I’d think starting new threads on SDMB would be a higher priority than paying the mortgage or buying groceries, eh?

Forget the reckless talk of pie, though. Six friggin’ months on this website, I have not tasted one bite of pie!

Crap! Ya walk away from your computer in the middle of a reply to do some work for The Man, and the whole damn world changes!

Welcome back, Skald, though you were never really gone – outta’ here and back in in the space of a single thread! And thank you, Gigi, for helping to keep Skald in his place – right here!

Hey, is that a piece of key lime pie? Wait a minnit! Omigod, it’s a howler monkey in a clever key lime pie disguise!!! No! No! Noooooooooo!!! AAAACCKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHH!!!

[QUOTE=Sunrazor]
Crap! Ya walk away from your computer in the middle of a reply to do some work for The Man, and the whole damn world changes!

Welcome back, Skald, though you were never really gone – outta’ here and back in in the space of a single thread! And thank you, Gigi, for helping to keep Skald in his place – right here!

Hey, is that a piece of key lime pie? Wait a minnit! Omigod, it’s a howler monkey in a clever key lime pie disguise!!! No! No! Noooooooooo!!! AAAACCKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHH!!!
[/QUOTE]

Sunrazor, I’m going to tell you this ONE MORE TIME: When the “incoming teleport” alert lights up on your teleport pad, read the manifest BEFORE you press “Accept.” Okay?