teachers

seanchai (quoting David Frum in the National Post):

then concluding, himself:

Frum’s particular statement is nearly libellous as it only asserts that the teacher’s behavior is bizarre in the context of claiming the transsexual surgery is bizarre.

No examples of bizarre behavior are given except the single incident where the teacher declared his intention to do exactly what he was told to do in preparation for the surgery: cross-dress and live “as a woman” for a period of time before undergoing the largely irreversible surgical procedure.

From what I have been able to find out, David Frum is a right-wing political commentator with a specific agenda that includes re-establishing the attitudes and mores of 1950’s North America in regards to marriage, homosexuality, and the “proper places” of men and women in society. He is entitled to his opinion, I suppose, but he speaks with a viewpoint, not with the authority of actual knowledge. He has no background in psychology or psychiatry and brings a specific political view to the discussion. (Only nuclear families with a present father and mother have any validity.)

Accepting the word of the untrained, anti-gay-rights Frum that the teacher is acting in a bizarre manner is pretty close to jumping to conclusions. I have only known two people whom I knew to be transsexual. Neither would be classified as bizarre by anyone who did not know they were transsexual.

Tom~

Thank you for the correction, Phil and Tom. I took the assertion that the behavior was bizarre at face value.

:::making note: Remember to consider the source!!!

There is a great book called Vive Le Difference by the Walshes.It states that in utero,when the fetus is supposed to be male,a hormone bath occurs to the brain. Sometimes it doesn’t always work correctly(I think it was testosterone,but maybe not). This not working correctly results in humans who “feel” like they are supposed to be the opposite sex of what they physically are.