Ted Cruz says Texas should secede and "take the military" if Democrats "destroy the country

I saw him referred to as “Fat Wolverine”. Made me chuckle.

Not every thread can be about China.

Um…ok, that’s true. Did you know that ducks on a pond can look calm yet their feet are going a mile a minute (slight exaggeration) beneath the waves? I got that bit of wisdom from The Replacements, and I’ve found it’s words to live by.

I am not sure what “conquering or striking at will” really means in the USA, but if it is like you did in Irak or Afghanistan it does not look attractive. Of course, only if you look.

Is it really so that all the servicemen in Texas are Texans, and no Texan is stationed in wherever else? That is a neat solution!

Somehow, I just don’t see the US “giving” III Corps to Texas.

I think rather that the US military will give it to Texas, as it were.

Pay Mexico to take Texas back.

Seditionist John Eastman, author of the plan to overthrow the government by throwing the election to Trump - has a plan for that, too.

And they’ve published it in MAGAWorld.

I don’t necessarily think that this is the plan they will go with. I don’t think they are going to secede, per se.

But I do think that if the Supremes rule against some of their increasingly audacious legislation, they will push back in some way rather than complying, possibly resorting in some sort of showdown.

As I’ve said elsewhere: if the bulk of red Texans want to leave the US of A because Orange Julius Caesar was not installed as Emperor of America, fine. I’ll wave bye-bye as they sail off from Brownsville.

They just don’t get to take their land with them. Lots of empty houses. Bitchen yard sales!

And lots of people just across the border who WANT to be citizens of the USA.

I like the point you just made - splitting up the US isn’t an option. Let people vote with the understanding that it’s fair. Let the pendulum swing.

Hey, I speak English pretty good, so I know what all the words mean, but I don’t understand what this sentence means. Could you elaborate?

Give it to them like “X is Gonna Give It to Ya.” IE “it” means “the business.”

I wonder what they’re going to take the military with.

OK I think I get it. He’s just saying that the US Government will continue to invest in military infrastructure, even in the military facilities are in Texas. Euphonious, is this accurate?

South Carolina tried to take a military fortification with them. How’d that turn out?

Think of all the businesses that would leave. I can’t imagine American Airlines and Southwest Airlines staying, to be honest.

And everyone having to get passports to visit the US. Import taxes.

And football! Would they be able to compete in the FCS? Would they stay in the NCAA?

More along the lines of “The US military will turn Texas into a close facsimile of Fallujah.” To tell the truth you could drop every bomb on the planet on West Texas and it would only improve the place.

Wow. I’ve travelled to El Paso for work. Yo hablo algo de Español. Silenus, you might want to seek help.

OK, NOW you’re playing dirty! You’d have Ted Cruz by the short-and-curlys there. [Eeew!]