Ted Cruz wrote to me

Cruz (or whoever his sock is) doesn’t provide all the details for Perry’s indictment, so I guess Cruz expects me to react viscerally like he does. This is epic e-fail because:

1. I don’t live in Texas.
  2. I didn’t vote for Mitt Romney, nor did I sign up for his online community on (fill in the blank). I did fill out an online survey a few years ago when the Repubs wanted feedback on how they could be more popular. My feedback was largely critical and roundly ignored. I guess the fact that I thought about them at all got me on their mailing list.
  3. I’m not going to support that fat bastard Cruz because his grandstanding led to the government shutdown that resulted in slashing the federal budget and my eventual release from contract with the EPA.

At least the unsubscribe featured worked. Allegedly…

I’ve gotten more e-mails like this (from both sides) than I can count. They don’t offer any details, and few of them offer facts. Mainly, I believe, because if they told the truth on these matters, most of their supporters would flee to the other team.

I’m always amused when these people talk about “liberty”. Usually they mean: You should have the liberty to do what you want to do, as long as you want to do what we tell you to do.

I’d tell him I loved “Edge of Tomorrow” and it was his best film since Top Gun.

Yes, I know they are different people, but it’d be funny to see his reaction.

So a man who wants to run for president in 2016 is using a mailing list run by another man who wants to run for president in 2016 to ask you to support a third man who wants to run for president in 2016?

We need President Obama to denounce the indictment of Rick Perry RIGHT NOW.

This will send the Republican Party into an infinite loop and cause them to burn out their brains.

Exactly - it’s just break the McCain campaign was waiting for!

Do I lose tighty-righty cred for thinking this is funny?

Hey, you like Skynard, you can’t be all bad. :slight_smile:

I’m sure Sen. Cruz would issue a few demerits and likely remove your name from his donors list but we at the SDMB have a sense of humor.

Don’t worry, the Repubs have a sense of humor. Why do you think they ran Sarah Palin as VP?