Tell me about your piercings

I have my nose done and three holes in each ear, but my third holes are closed. I’m going to have them re-done and get another set. My grandmother took me to get the nose piercing for my eightteenth birthday. She made a deal with me that if I promise to keep it dainty and not pierce up the rest of my face, she’d pay for it. I’ve had no desire then or since to pierce anything else on my face and all I wanted was a tiny silver hoop, it was a great deal.

I’ve had my left ear pierced since … wait, let me think … 1986. Never had any problems.
If I meet my weight-loss goals this coming year, I’m rewarding myself with a tattoo and a couple more holes in my ear.

I pierced my left earlobe myself in 1985 to celebrate my divorce. I did it in front of the bathroom mirror with one of those plastic headed push pins used on bulletin boards. I cleaned my ear, the pin and the earring with isopropyl alcohol and nothing to numb the ear. Worked pretty good and I still have the hole but haven’t worn an earring in it for years.

First pair of ear piercings in 1985, at the mall with a gun.
Second hole added to one ear in the late '80, again at the mall with a gun.
They have since closed up, due to lack of use, but I’m considering getting them repierced.

With my first pair, the mall clerk had no idea what they were doing, and couldn’t get the gun to release one of the studs after shoving it through my earlob. Having them tug on the gun, which then pulled on my recently violated earlobe was not a good thing and I still cringe a bit whien I think about it, almost 25 years later. Any repiercings will only be done at a piercing shop.

Only one set of lobe piercings here. I had them done with a piercing gun when I was 12. My mother was supposed to have hers done too, but she chickened out. I hardly ever wear earrings now, because I sit all day with headphones and the pointy parts of the earrings get shoved into my head. I’ll wear them to church occasionally. I never had a problem with them at all.

Heh, that actually reminds me of the time my sister got her ears pierced. When they fire the piercing gun, a small piece of pink plastic flies off the end of it. My mother told my sister that the small piece of plastic was a piece of her ear. Sister freaked right the hell out. They managed to finish the job and all, but my sister wasn’t very happy with my mother for a few days.

What’s funny is that normally it’s my DAD who does that sort of thing!

Honestly this thread is making me wish I still had my eyebrow pierced.

Me too. I won’t redo mine, though, since, as I said, my body just plain doesn’t like it.

I currently have 0 gauge and 6 gauge holes in my earlobes. I had 12 gauge orbitals (one hoop through 2 holes) in my cartilage of both ears, but I took them out. I have a 6 gauge piercing in my septum, stretched up from 12 gauge. The stretch hurts about as much as the piercing does. I did have my nipples done, but they have a tendency to get “locked up” without consistent care: the skin inside of the piercings sticks to the jewelry. It also gets in the way of backpack straps, and the idea of a torn nipple just makes me cringe.

Got my nipple pierced by a boyfriend THIRTY years ago… Back in the old days when no one except some of us Gay guys got it done… Did it the old fashioned way - with a piercing needle, a cork and a huge bottle of booze for me to drink so it didn’t hurt so much.

Surprised it never got infected, and it’s still there!

This thread has been very interesting to read.

From a curiosity perspective, can the women who have had their hood pierced explain why? Does it enhance your sexual experience, does it just feel good all the time, did it hurt as much as it sounds it would, and was it constantly infected?

From a male perspective, I find navel piercings (if you have the stomach for it) incredibly sexy, as well as a nipple piercing. I’ve never run across a hood piercing in person but would be incredibly turned on by that as well. I’m just curious as to the questions I’ve listed above.

Eyebrow piercings look like they would hurt, and tongue piercings, while attractive, look so very painful to get.

Me? No piercings. I like looking at them, but I have no desire to get one.

I have three piercings in each ear. Nothing too crazy, just a line going up. First ones done at age 4, second at…12 or so?, third when I was 18. I wear cubic zirconium studs in the second holes, and change the earrings around in the first holes. I hardly ever wear earrings in the third holes, but I know they’re still there, sometimes I put earrings in them just to make sure they don’t close up.

I’m not too wild with my earring choices. My favorite pair to wear in my first holes are little silver hoops with engraved designs on them. Pretty and unique, but simple.

I found the pain to be very minor. I’m not interested in getting any more piercings, but it’s because of the pain issue.

The only body modification that I a. think looks bad and b. see somewhat commonly is ear stretching. It squicks me out a bit.

Mine:

Each earlobe is pierced twice. First set of holes were done when I was somewhere in the vicinity of 9 years old, at a girlie shopping mall store, with the big honking piercing gun.

I do not recommend this method. Everything turned out fine for me, but I’m honestly surprised those things are legal, given that they can’t be sterilized and, hello, come into contact with multiple persons’ blood on a daily basis. Also, it hurt like a sumbitch. My ears actually got HOT for a few hours afterward. With a needle piercing – one quick pinch, done. Barely hurts at all after.

For my next piercing I actually did the research, checked out the piercing parlor in person, asked about their sterile procedures, the whole bit. Then I got my navel pierced. Apparently (or so I learned almost 10 years later), navel piercings almost never work out – never heal right, constantly get infected, or heal up and then promptly migrate or reject the jewelry altogether. Again, I had no issues at all. I got titanium jewelry, which may have something to do with it. I’ve had to remove the jewelry a few times over the years for medical tests, and by now I think my navel looks weirdly naked without it.

Second set of earlobe holes were done maybe 2? years ago or something. Same deal, researched the parlor ahead of time, ended up watching a friend get pierced there earlier, so was satisfied with their sterile procedures. The second holes I pretty much just keep in the titanium captive bead rings I got with the piercing procedure. The first ones I switch between small sterling silver hoops, or a variety of “drop” earrings on a fish-hook style wire. Nothing too flashy.

I had my left ear done way way back before it was common. I let it grow shut years ago when I decided that I wanted to enter the corporate world. I have nothing else pierced and no tats.

I got my ears pierced at the mall when I was 9 or 10.
A couple of years later I had a second pair of holes added. By the time I was 18 I had ten holes in my ears, all done at the mall. (I think it was four in the left and six in the right?) Now I only use the first set of holes. All are closed up except the first and second.

When I was fourteen I became completely enamoured with the idea of having my nose pierced. My dad refused to consent to that. His rule was that I be 18 or out of his house. When I was 17, I moved in with my mom. My first day there, she drove me to a salon where they did nose piercings (with a gun; This was before there were any professional piercers in Anchorage, AFAIK.) and I got it done. Not too long after that, I had a second hole added to my nose. (Both in the left nostril.)

At 19 I had my navel pierced by a professional, but that, too, never healed properly. I let that one close.

On Valentine’s Day of '95 I got my eyebrow pierced. It felt like the final brush-stroke of my face had finally been made. It was completely painless and looked perfect.

When I was in my mid-20s I worked at a place that rented space to a piercer. I had him do the upper cartilage on my right ear (in two places) and my tongue. The cartilage never fully healed so I took those rings out. I had a barbell in my tongue for a couple of years. I removed it when I was in labor with my son and never got around to putting it back in.

To summarize:
Pierced 17 times, currently using five holes (1 in each earlobe, 1 eyebrow, 2 left nostril).

I got my ears pierced, at the mall, but by a needle. (Guns can’t be sterilized.) I was 10-ish. These are the only piercings I successfully healed. It took me 3 times as long as the other girls in the 5th grade, however.

I got my eyebrow pierced in college, the act of piercing was painless. The healing was anything but. It never healed and I took it out after two years.

I got my nipple pierced later in college, which hurt, but not much, and again, never healed, and I took it out after a year and a half.

I got my right ear cartilage pierced about 4 years ago, it never healed, I took it out 2 years later.

I have decided not to get anymore piercings, since I apparently cannot abide them. :frowning:

HOOD PIERCING INFO:

It hurts less than getting ear lobes pierced. It goes through a very thin piece of skin, as opposed to a nice thick lobe.

It doesn’t take long to heal. My first never healed and actually rejected. My second healed in just a few weeks. I never got an infection with either.

Some people feel an increase in sexual pleasure. This is pretty much due to the shape of their feminine parts and where the piercing sits. A VCH done properly is more likely to give increased sensation than an HCH. I have a VCH but I have a very small hood so the piercing doesn’t sit exactly where it needs to for sensation.

I don’t have any increased sensation but I didn’t get it for that reason. I got it because I like how it looks. I can see it without looking in a mirror. My boyfriend doesn’t seem to have an opinion on it one way or the other. He’s worried about hurting me. I told him that as long as he doesn’t pull really hard on it, we’re good.
Anyway, I also have my ear lobes pierced. I’ve had it done 5 or 6 times throughout my life because they have an annoying habit of getting infected or randomly closing up.

I had the cartilage in one ear pierced. I left the first piece in for 4 months, took it out for 2 days and it closed up. I didn’t bother again after that.

I want to get my nipples and inner labia pierced but I have more important things to spend my limited funds on.

Male here.

Three piercing total. Two in left ear (1996), one in right(2007). Upper left ear piercing never set well and after a couple of month I took it out. Left ear was pierced in Miami and the right ear in NY. Not nearly as bad pain-wise as you’d think. Still wearing the original stud in right ear. :smiley:

I have one piercing in my left ear (c. 1998) and two in my right (c. 1999). When I’ve got some more money, I’m planning an eyebrow and a helix, as well as some tattoos.

Five in each ear. One nose (on the left.) No plans for any more, but I’m ready for a tattoo!