Tell me what SuperBowl team I should be cheering for.

Sorry, I didn’t even notice, saw someone else type it that way and didn’t even think about it.
I blame the cheese and beer.

Hmmm, do you believe in redemption? As The Onion says, “Ben Roethlisberger is one win away from being a Good Person”.

Good one, I love the Onion. That is such a great point. If he wins games, it doesnt’ matter that he’s probably a huge prick in real life. Kind of like that other Great “Redemption Story” of 2010, Michael Vick.

You should root for the Steelers. Why?

• They have some character. Big Ben, Troy PalaWaMu or whatever his name is, etc… Wonder Bread has more character than the Packers

• They play “Real” football. Not two-hand-touch like the Packers

• They play better football

• Finally and most importantly, because they are not the Packers

Yeah, I’m a Bears fan. Why do you ask?

GO OTHER TEAM!!!

Bears fan here. Cheering for the Pack. How can I not root for a historical, small-market team from one of my favorite states in the Union? Yes, I know, being a Bears fan, I’m not supposed to, but I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for the Packers and Wisconsin in general.

Go Pack, Go! I think I even have a Packers flag in my closet from the game I went to at Lambeau last winter. Good times.

They’ve topped it now with their Super Bowl Preview Guide:

STRENGTHS: remarkable ability to avoid tacklers, prosecution
NICKNAMES: Big Ben; Scumbag; Alleged Assailant; Prick; That’s My Sister, You Fucking Asshole

This is just fantastic everyone, exactly what I was looking for. Roethlisberger’s character mixed with Green Bay’s ownership system has me leaning strongly in the Packer’s direction.

On the other hand the Ireland ambassadorship is pretty cool since my actual favorite hobby is politics, and I do appreciate the “legacy team” argument for another Steeler’s victory since that is the sort of positive thing I usually like to cheer for.

Thanks for the food for thought, I shall make my final decision sometime before the game!

Aaron Rodgers is a hometown boy, so everyone here has gone Packers-mad. The CC changed their uniforms from black to green for a day today. The statue horse outside the horse store near our house has a foam cheesehead hat on. No one has ever cared about football like this before!

Cheer for the underdog. However, depending on who you ask, either team could be the underdog. Vegas says it’s the steelers, so you can use that. However, they won 2 of the past 5 superbowls, so you could say GB. On the third hand, you could say GB currently has the 3 hottest young players on defense (Clay Matthews, BJ Raji, and Tramon Williams) while the Steeler’s defense is nearly all close to 40 and injured as well. On the 4th hand, Pitt’s Troy Polamalu just won the defensive player of the year award.

The Pack has better cheese. 'Nuff said.

GO PACK GO! :slight_smile: It’s just that simple.

It’s actually written into the league’s rules that teams can’t be owned by a non-profit/their fans.

Cheer for the Packers like all the other haters. There’s still room on that bandwagon, although space is going fast.

Well see I didn’t even know it was a bandwagon because, once again, I don’t know about this stuff. If you elaborate I may reassess considering my ant-establishment roots are strong.:slight_smile:

If you deem what you read here representative of the relative levels of support the two teams are getting, you’d think that the Packers were overwhelmingly favored to win. In fact, they are favored by a very slight margin, a virtual pick 'em. Where did all these fans come from?

You got it. They’re either Steelers haters or bandwagon riders (“I’ve been a fan since ol’ whatshisname… Brent, yeah, that’s it, Brent was their quarterback. He was a quarterback, right? Anyway, GO PACK GO!”).

Level of support often has little to do with win expectation. Sometimes the more popular team is clearly the underdog on the field.

Or, they are not devoted football/sports followers but do watch the SB/big events and like to have fun picking a rooting interest. Some people have picked the Steelers, too, so presumably some who have picked the Packers have done so for some other reasons.

30 of the 32 teams in the NFL have been eliminated this year from the playoffs. What, you expect all their fans to not watch the final game or not have a preference as to who wins? That doesn’t make them “haters” (what a butthurt sentiment) or jumping on a “bandwagon.” The overwhelming majority are still loyal fans of their team and will be rooting for them again when, next year, the slate’s wiped clean and the season starts anew.

I think the Steelers will win but I’d prefer it be the Packers. There are a number of reasons for that, none of which involve the unflattering elements of hating or bandwagondom.

NFL Record for Most SB Appearances, NFL team = 8 (Steelers, tied Dallas)

NFL Record for Most SB victories, NFL team = 6 (Steelers)
By comparison, as for Green Bay…

SB Appearances = 5

SB Victories = 3

Who, in their right mind, wants the Steelers to extend their NFL record with 7th trophy? Nobody. That’s who.

Alright,

If a Bear fan can cheer for the Pack, I guess I can swallow it and do so as well.

My cabin is in Wisconsin, so if they win, I’m going to have to listen to it though.

<hijack> would the “Roethlisberger at dinner/piano bar butchering “Piano Man” after hours” be a story if it were any other player? IMO, Hell no!