Temporary Tattoos

Is there some kind of special paper that I could run through my inkjet printer to make temporary tattoos? Would I need a different kind of ink cartridge?

Ranger Jeff
*The Idol of American Youth *

They sell them, and from what I understand, regular ink would work just fine…

Yer pal,
Satan

Jeff, there’s at least one computer package for kids out that uses the printer to create temp tattoos. Your best bet on info is to find one of those and see what the thing tells ya.

I’ve never found a product to make temporary tattos with your printer. I look for new printing supplies and ideas every time I go to a store that might have printing supplies.

I saw a childs software box that in bold type claimed you could make temporary tattos. On the box in small type it said you printed them on peel off labels. Big difference.

I’ll be checking this thread to see if anybody can name an actual product and manufacurer.

Iron-on transfers (made for t-shirts) work great!
Peace,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! …(Paraphrased)

A brief mention at http://www.netsurf.com/holiday.html :

“Wet 'em & Wear 'em” - Trendy Tattoo Trader

Temporary tattoos for fun and profit. Print your team logos, corporate id or any artwork in removable tattoos. They last 3 to 5 days and can be removed with rubbing alcohol. E-mail adwriter@sierra.net

(I don’t remember the search terms I used, but I just kept getting more specific until that site cought my eye as looking so irrelevant I had to look.)

Bob the Random Expert
“If we don’t have the answer, we’ll make one up.”

Wouldn’t the iron get a little hot when applying them?

Jeffery

rjk

Glad you found that. It shows somethings out there, though I do want to find a source I know won’t rip me off. All this person has is an email address.

Yes, I would like to know as well.

Jeffery

I could have a mean biker tatoo on my arm to show in the gym.

“Wouldn’t the iron get a little hot when applying them?”
—StrTrkr777

Jeffery, Jeffery, Jeffery.

Peace,
mangeorge

Mangeorge, does this really work? If so, how?

Jeffery

Jeffrey;
You’re kidding me, right? I hope so. Do not try to iron a transfer onto your body. It was supposed to be a little joke. I know you’re messing with me, but I’d hate to think that you’d actually try it because of my silly post.
Get a real tattoo. Or a henna one, if you want temporary. They fade in a couple months, and are pretty cool. You can see them online.
Just search “henna tattoo”.
Peace,
mangeorge

Okay, I am going to admit I was a bit slow on this one.

Mangeorge, I orginally thought you were saying that the t-shirt transfers were much the same as the temp tattoo paper and that if you printed on one and then cut it out and did the wet cloth stuff it would stick and voila.

I made the joke from that about “Wouldn’t the iron get hot”, then from your statement I thought you were indeed serious and so I was wondering if they did indeed work. At no time did I plan to iron one on my or anyone else’s body.

Jeffery

At no time did I plan to iron one on my or anyone else’s body.
Jeffery

OK, I’m glad of that. I didn’t really think so, but you can never be to sure. :slight_smile:
Peace,
mangeorge

Well, if you just want a monochromatic design, you can try henna. It lasts for months if taken well care of. Be careful you dont go to Morocco with it since it’s considered a womans thing there :). Henna also comes in a red form and a black form, the black henna looks more like a real tattoo, but the red henna gives a nice red brown color.

‘The beginning calls for courage; the end demands care’

AHHHHH!!!

There is NO SUCH THING AS BLACK HENNA!

::cough:: Sorry. The “henna” you see advertised in varying colours – including black – are mostly (and we’re talking 95% or more as that mostly) food dyes and other chemicals.

There is another “black” henna, but that only refers to the colour once it’s done, and not the henna itself. The process used to turn henna (normally pale orange to deep brown) black can permanently damage your skin, leaving behind chemical burns and scarring from the blisters.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Satan posted 10-14-1999 12:40 AM

Except for the fact that regular ink doesn’t have any LSD… :slight_smile:

Suzeanne: Sorry I forgot to specify (I fall at the mercy of all that is good and grqacious in this world!). Henna is made black by adding chemicals. You can add petroleum products (like gasoline) and that is what the cheaper nqashas (henna artists) in Morocco do for the tourists, to get the black color. Henna is naturally red brown (and i did know that, sorry for not giving every detail. Oh and no need to get upset about it Suzeanne) ;). I’ve also heard Eucalyptus oil can darken Henna also.

‘The beginning calls for courage; the end demands care’

Doobieous, I just didn’t want someone accepting a “true” black henna tattoo, thinking it was safe, and winding up in the hospital. Keeping helpful hints accurate is much safer.

I’ve been doing mehndi for too many years, and I’ve seen too many people stupid enough to try it. Middle Eastern women don’t seem to be as easily damaged by it, but then, Americans tend to overpamper their skin and scrub themselves so much that there’s no protection.

You may now return to your previously scheduled tattoo thread.

Um, I’d better explain a bit more. I have a young friend (almost 2 and a half) who loves temporary tattoos. I thought it’d be a nice present if I could make a bunch on my puter/printer and mail them to his mom to apply as warranted. Maybe a teddy bear with the legend “Born to Behave”? That sort of thing. I don’t think Henna would work and I don’t want his mom do murder me, you know?

Ranger Jeff
*The Idol of American Youth *