Thanks, Jerry

Wow! Not only did you get the board back up in way less than the estimated downtime, but it’s a whole lot faster now than I can remember for a long time.

Of course that may be because all the regulars still think the board is down, so no one is on yet.

But anyway, thanks for your great efforts.

Apart from visuals, what has actually been done?

This is a new version of vBulletin. Now it’s 3.0.7, before it was 3.0.0 release candidate 4 or something like that.

I concur! Thanks to Jerry and the staff!

Yes, this Teeming One appreciates all that you do.

Thanks Jerry!

Also I’ll second Lobsang’s question: Besides the cool new looks, what else is different about the new version?

Looks Great!

I think it makes the board look as slick, professional and impressive as most of the Dopers around here. Thank you for all your hard work!

For one thing you can make the space in which you type your posts grow (but only in advanced mode, not in quick reply)

I don’t know what happened, but beware Lobsang as a strange, neon-green, growth has attached itself to you.

Search seems quicker :smiley:
(I found RYBTP’s reply just now)

Interesting. I see no difference whatsoever in the appearance, and the “increase size” link on the reply does nothing. Were the changes only applicable to Internet Exploder? I’m using Mozilla on Max OSX.

This is not to say that I’m unappreciative. If the boards are actually faster (they sort of seem like it, but time will tell), then I’m certainly grateful for that. And there are probably a lot of other features we just haven’t noticed yet, some of which may be browser-independent.

Hmmm. Is it just me or does the board look pretty much the same as it ever did, aside from a couple shiny new smileys and new “Moved” icons?

Anyway, thanks to Jerry & the staff for the update!

Oooh, look, shiny!

I also appreciate not having to keep hitting “refresh” on the page – which I noticed after yesterday’s clock repair.

Thanks for taking such good care of us, Jerry!

I was about to say the odd buttons might be an accident of the upgrade when the board went down again.

Someone said they resemble the ones from the old v3.0.0. version

I’m using Firefox on WinXP, and there’s new forum icons, different-looking smileys, and a few other details. The “Checkmark” that indicates if a user is online has been replaced by a circle that’s either blue or green (green=online)

Some of it looks different; most looks the same. The “Increase Size” thing works.

Ignore this post; I am just checking if my “Charter Member” shows up.

Regards,
Shodan

Nice! I like it! :slight_smile:

Wow, I completely forgot the boards were going to be down. I was completely shocked to see the new look. Now I’m going to have to look at all the smileys.

I see the embarassed smiley should no longer give connotations of blow jobs. I’m not entirely sure this is an improvement, I guess it depends if you were the reader or the author of the post.

Reload the page. They didn’t change the names of any of the graphics, and the old ones are still in your cache.