Thanks, Mom, for turning me agnostic.

Did you not read the part of the OP that said “I eschewed European/Buchananist economics (there, I’ve offended everyone!) & became an anarcho-capitalist”? (emphasis mine)

Did YOU not read line 1 of post # 16?

Go back and read it again.

Righty-ho! :walks off sheepishly:

Ummm. I know I’ll hate myself for asking but… WTF is a YEC?

Yeah, I wanted to ask that myself. Thanks for going first.

Young Earth Creationism

Going back to the OP again…

Isn’t it possible to posit that, according to a YEC doctrine (complete with the fall, etc.) that death simply didn’t exist for humans until the fall, but that animals (who aren’t responsible for wrongdoing anyway) were capable of death regardless of the state of Man?

(N.B. I am not a YEC)

Zev Steinhardt

What is the point of arguing? No one is ever going to know the full and complete truth until St. Pete hands them the FAQ to read while waiting at the Pearly Gates.

Actually, there wouldn’t be any St. Pete in a YEC heaven, because veneration of the saints is idolatry and is put forth by that Great Whore of Babylon, the Catholic Church.

[sub]we’re cannibals too, or hadn’t you heard?[/sub]

Maybe. But it’s a possible answer to the OP’s questions…

Zev Steinhardt

You’re not the only who was scratching their head. Just a general word of advice, it would be nice for posters to write out possibly unfamiliar acronyms on first reference.

It’s be alot cooler if her mom was a YETi.

It’d be alot cooler if her mom was a YETi.

It was funnier the first time.

Okay, this is why her response was so disturbing. If a dumb person were enough to turn me against that person’s positions, I wouldn’t have voted Bush because 90% of Bush supporters are idiots, and my grandmother would have made me the second Murray O’Hair.

My mother is extremely devout. Devotes everyday to praying and reading the Bible. The basic premise of Christianity is to get to know God through the Holy Spirit through worship, prayer, and following Jesus’s teachings. In fact, the way to judge the Holy Spirit in a person is to judge his/her fruit. Her response showed me that God has shown her nothing about Himself. It doesn’t matter if a consistent theology is possible. Does that make more sense? (Also I’d pretty much concluded that God has no active involvement in the world at that point, but the jury was still out on the “maybe He can be an emotional crutch” part.)

I’m sorry for not defining YEC.

And now I literally have an image.

I was bored and it seemed funnier at the time…

When did this thread turn to a discussion about melons?

The March of Penguins had hobbits in it? Or is it The Lord of the Rings had penguins in it?

“I cannot wait to return to the shire, Mr. Frodo.”

“Gacccccccccck!”

But it must be right–it was in Powerpoint with animation, funny clipart, and cute fonts.

Honestly, the first thing that my brain came up with was “Yellow English Cormorant.”

But this thread is about penguins. And they aren’t yellow. Or even slightly Saxon. So I’m not sure what to think.