That fucking banner ad

I have no problem with advertising here.

In fact, I like it here so much, I will click banners just to show them that people are coming from here.

But this latest banner has got to go! It freezes my computer for a few seconds everytime it blinks.

MADDENING!!!

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
rockuniverse.com/cmc/cmc.html

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

I think Kellibelli had this same problem. It doesn’t seem to bother my system… are you on AOL? I think she was too and it may be a problem with their browser.

Actually its altavista I believe…

and Satan…isnt it the most fucking irritating thing?

thank you (X 1000) for complaining too…

For me, it just seems to be that quokka ad, not the others.I’m glad its not just me.
p.s. saw your pic…and no offence or anything…but you look like you can really shag baby!! :slight_smile:

I was gonna say “careful! Kelli got lambbasted for complaining about the same thing”. I found it irritating, too- but I was afraid to say anything after Kelli got chewed out for being a whiner. Well, I’m here to say “I HATE IT!” I use Netzero (free internet access) and my bandwidth sucks. So it really affects my browser. Rant over. Have a nice day :wink:

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

AOL? Bite your tongue!!

It’s best to complain where a technical type person might actually READ your complaint, rather than here. That’s why the “About This Message Board” forum was created. I have absolutely nothing to do with any ads. So far. And I have no idea how to help resolve any problems you might have with the system. The other staff usually don’t read this forum very much, unless I email a thread to them.

And Satan? The Straight Dope site was originally on AOL. Yes, yes, I know about afca, but the official Straight Dope was on AOL. You are all just jealous.

Lynn/SDStaff Lynn
For the Straight Dope

Which ad? First of all, the big oval one is about 177k. That is a big file, then when it loads it must start as its actually running a file on your computer & that can take some CPU power from your computer for a few seconds.
Or minutes…just have to wait.

Geez, Lynn…

JMcC from SFCA
http://members.tripod.com/~weirdstuff/index.html