That Sam I Am I Do Not Like That Sam I Am

What are your favorite Dr Suess charachters?

By the way at the end of Green Eggs and Ham we know the man likes the green eggs and ham but I have two questions.

1. Was it just the green eggs he hated or did he also hate the ham, which I am assuming is regular ham
  2. Did he just like the green eggs and ham or did he like Sam I am as well (at the beginning he says I do not like that Sam I Am. But at the end he says he likes green eggs and ham and thanks him but never says he has gotten to like Sam I Am.

Hey I meant what I said, And I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful 100 percent.

Doesn’t this belong in Great Debates, Oh Great Moderator? ;).

MPSIMS is where this belongs,
But I’ll give you my thoughts, it won’t take to long.

The Zizzer-Zazzer Zuzz as you can plainly see,
Is one of his best characters, (he illustrates the “Z”).
Also his sneetches on beaches, and car driving fish,
The Cat in the Hat, what more can you wish?

But my feet to the coals, arm twisted 'round back,
Gun held at my temple, I must say “The Gack!”

Oh, BTW, only the yolks of the eggs were green and the ham was green too. But “Green Eggs and Ham” is muc easier to rhyme than “Green yolks and olive complected swine”.
And Sam and I turned out to be buds. So did the mouse and the fox, the house and the box, and the goat and the boat.

Had to be the Lorax. When I joined the military, I found out that there really was such a thing as green eggs and ham.

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Tie: the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz and “Clark.” (from the second-to-last piece of “One Fish, Two Fish”).

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

By Far, for me it’s the Grinch…Love him!!

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

I love the zax. Both the north going and south going!

And I gotta second the sneetches, but only the ones with stars on thars!

I personally am rather fond of the tellar and the nellar and the gellar and the dellar and the bellar and the wellar and the zellar in the cellar.

Mrs. McCave, who had 23 sons and she named them all Dave. I’ve seen families sort of like that.

“With enough courage, you can do without a reputation.” - Rhett Butler

What I want to know is how come the unnamed character would eat the green eggs and ham after it had been on a train, on a boat, and in water. That is definitely some well traveled food.
My favorite character is Pat from Hop on Pop. Pat wants to sit on lots of unusual things. NO Pat NO Don’t sit on that!

Gail
“Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend–
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again…”
-Steely Dan

I have to say without a doubt
That much of Seuss made young Satan shout
I shouted low, I shouted high
I shouted 'til Mom cursed at this guy
I shouted high, I shouted low
I knew the Grinch was the way to go!

Brian O’Neill
CMC International Records
rockuniverse.com/cmc/cmc.html

ICQ 35294890
AIM Scrabble1
Yahoo Messenger Brian_ONeill

Reading Dr. Suess’ classic: Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat every night, one question keeps popping up into my head regarding the Cat in the Hat.

WHAT is the little boys name? The girl is Sally, but the boy is nameless. This really bugs me.
My favorite, it’s not a character, but the book, Go Dog Go.

Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond…

Now who can’t like someone who aspires to be more than they are by using the backs of others?? Oh, wait, I am giving up my attorney secrets… :wink:

But the best were the tweetle beetles.

Being somewhat of a Scrooge (OK, more than somewhat) I always liked the Grinch. Too bad he turned out to be a sap.

One guy came up with the title of a {non-existant} book by Suess that taught kids about ethnic cleansing–“Hutu Shoots A Tutsi!”

Mr. Knox of * Fox in Socks.

Now * is your tongue numb?–Dr. Seuss

The dog with the hat (Go Dogs Go). Max. Mr. Brown.

“It’s bacon!!”

Marvin K Mooney, Will you PLEASE GO HOME!
Or, the not used working title-
Marvin K Mooney, Get The Fuck Out!

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.