That ship has sailed

Let’s take a saying such as the one in this thread’s title and make it emphatic, more emphatic, and most emphatic, in that order. Please let someone else post the next level after you post one before you post . The addition to the saying must be related to the saying. For example:

Original saying: That ship has sailed.

Emphatic: That ship has sailed and dropped anchor at destination.

More emphatic: That ship has sailed, dropped anchor at destination, and the passengers disembarked.

Most emphatic: That ship has sailed, dropped anchor at destination, the passengers disemparked, and the entire crew deserted.

Not only am I looking forward to the “next level” additions from the Teeming Millionstm, I’m looking forward to seeing what old sayings (or even new ones) said TM’s posts.

He bit off more than he could chew.

He bit off more than he could chew and choked on it.

He bit off more than he could chew and choked on it, and the doctor botched the tracheotomy.

He bit off more than he could chew and choked on it, and the doctor botched the tracheotomy and then he threw up all over himself.

Crashed and burned.

Crashed, burned, and scorched the earth.

Crashed, burned, and scorched the earth and most of the solar system.

And depleted the universe’s oxygen preventing any further combustion.

Next:
Merkins don’t get irony.

Merkins might not get irony. But they could use a curling iron, occasionally.

Merkins might not get irony. But they could use a curling iron, occasionally. And they can dye a thousand times.

His goose is cooked.

His goose is cooked and has been presented to the banquet.

His goose is cooked, presented to the banquet, and washed down with a nice Chianti.

with the carcass désossé, and the bones fed to the dogs.

I can bring home the bacon…

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan. . .

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and keep the Waffle House open during a natural disaster.

I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan and keep the Waffle House open during a natural disaster, and administer the Heimlich Maneuver as needed to customers.

She broke through the glass ceiling…