The Ad-Aware sound

Funny, I don’t remember ever hearing that. But yeah, it does sound like a computer farting :stuck_out_tongue:

I love that sound. It’s great fun to play loudly at work when we’ve finished de-crapifying someone’s machine (except we don’t use Adaware anymore).

I just played the .wav file linked earlier and my cat scrabbled off my desk and into the other room. Hehe.

I like it. It’s nearly as good as the Hanna-Barbera dog bite CHOMP sound.

I like that. Yes, sums it up nicely. :smiley:

Oh man, I hate it hate it hate it. It’s most offensive when I install Ad-Aware on someone’s computer and forget to turn it off in the settings before scanning.

Um, there’s a description in the OP of this thread that I found so revolting that it stuck with me. Good thing too, because it’s the perfect descriptor for the sound:

I always mute the speakers before running a scan. Its like one of those links people send you, and then halfway a scream and a bloody picture shows up, but without the bloody picture.

Im in agreement as well. However, it is PERFECT for the job. I think someone else said that. -but its true. Yet it normally gives me the feeling of something more negative than positive. Im glad to hear sound, regardless… its doing its job.