The American Coup: 11.9.2020 -

That’s my point. Imagine if we were there and I came to you and asked you to wear a silly hat. Not only would you refuse, you’d think I was an idiot for even asking. That’s how they see this.

Here’s the thing, though. Trump, Uday, Qusay, and Sparkle Pony, I believe, lack the imagination and/or intelligence to pull something like this and get away with it. So who could be behind it? There are a lot of deep pockets in the dark money sector.

I prefer Feckless, Date Rape Jr and The Other One.

It didn’t work, this suggesting the sort of malicious, chaotic incompetence I would absolutely assign to Trump, Beavis and Butthead and Sedition Barbie.

Tweet I saw the other day when Trump was getting banned from social media:

ERIC: Dad, here’s my phone! You can use my account to tweet!

TRUMP: (whistling, looking away) Who else has a phone… who else we got…

Jeez. At what point are maskholes and covidiots going to start being sued for negligent endangerment and the like in situations like these? I mean, there are discussions of potential lawsuits against antivaxxers whose kids infect others with measles, for example.

No, COVID protocols like mask-wearing are not 100% guarantees against getting the disease, but then measles vaccination isn’t a 100% guarantee against getting measles, either. If people are knowingly disregarding public-health protocols that have been shown to reduce transmission risk, I don’t see why they’re not worrying at least somewhat about potential liability.

Trump (checks calendar): Hold my beer Diet Coke

I had read elsewhere (or here; things move fast) that Don Jr was being investigated for his involvement in the insurrection. According to CNN, Trump is already looking into, at least, pardoning his spawn.

Doesn’t pardoning remove the ability to plead the 5th? soon as Trump finds that out nobody in the inner circle is getting a pardon.

In six months Lindsey will be carrying Biden’s golf clubs.

Thank you.

My pessimistic side would put the over / under at 0.5 :cry:.

Nail on the head, there. In their “minds” America is owned by White, Male, Christians and anybody else is a renter at best or a squatter at worst.

Classy. :roll_eyes:

I suspect that if Republicans are beginning to buckle, this could be why: they’re worried that seditionist conspiracy involves GOP congressmen or people close to them. Not good when there are two dead cops already.

They’re also beginning to hear the sucking sound of money leaving the party.

Potentially really good news

I think that any holdout Republicans need to answer the question:

“Are you with us or with the terrorist cop killers?”

The second half of this podcast is a really well informed and thoughtful discussion on this:

Some, but mostly to others.

Maybe, sorta.

This seems like a pretty big damn deal.

“Rep. Mikie Sherrill, during a live webcast Tuesday evening, said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on Jan. 5 in what she termed a “reconnaissance for the next day” when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch.”