The American Coup: 11.9.2020 -

Hey, didya know that “The Vice President has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors”? That’s what my president just told me!

Trump is openly calling on the Vice President to defy the law and the constitution now.

The Stupid Coup continues…

People who’ve lived their entire lives in a functioning democracy assume it always will be. They struggle to know the signs of failure. The USA is showing a LOT of those signs right now.

The Cuckoo Coup. It’s more fun to say.

You can’t tell the players even with a score card.

Well, you know, I try my best to be sagacious and perspicacious. :wink:

Since you’re a pilot, I guess I’ll throw out another aviation analogy. Our democracy is like an aging aircraft with some old rivets that are beginning to show signs of wear and tear. From one day to the next, it takes off and lands, able to withstand the internal and external forces applied to its structure. It functions without any apparent problems - until one day, passengers hear a funny noise before suddenly, the rivets just come lose and the thing just breaks apart in the sky.

There is, of course, time to put it in the hangar, bring out an experienced maintenance crew, fix the rivets, and make sure we fly right and safely. But the longer we delay…

But is the cuckoo coup wrapped in a cuckoo cocoon?

‘Coupkoo’

(That’s it. That’s the post.)

For a sneak peek on where this is headed, a duly elected Democratic state senator in Pennsylvania is not being seated solely because his opponent refuses to concede.

I just read that! Absolutely incredible the depths to which they are sinking, even though his win was certified.

The best part is that the Republican legislature set the rules for the election, requiring that mail in ballots not be counted until after polls closed. Now, they’re saying that the mail in ballot numbers happening after the polls closed is evidence that there was fraud.

That’s not some random or ironic occurrence. That is the entire reason why they set those rules in the first place, so they’d have a built-in reason to challenge the results.

My friend posted this article from 2016 today. Pretty funny. (It’s a real article not satire)

Trump accuses Cruz of ‘fraud,’ calls for new Iowa election - POLITICO

Can I use my own thread to say ‘fuck you’ to Donald Trump for making this my most successful topic in almost 20 years on these Boards?

I’m cool with that, John. :+1: :smiley:

How about Keystone Koup?

The Economist magazine has published a very heartfelt and articulate opinion piece by Arnold Schwarzenegger on why the Republicans must stop the charade tomorrow or live on only in infamy.

The article is paywalled, but AIUI you can get a few free articles by giving an email address.

All true Americans should read and heed this. That the whole country wasn’t chanting a similar line in unison the last 5 years is a pitiful shame.

Ted Cruz just admitted to Hannity that tomorrow’s planned objections have no chance to change the reality of a Biden presidency. But the demonstration must be made in order to save democracy.

This is really, really good. It won’t sway any Trumpers, but it is very, very good.

I liked Arnie as Governator. Not perfect, but better than Newsom (altho newsom is doing OK with the pandemic)