The American Coup Fallout thread

Q Klutz Klan

Isn’t this thread the same thing?

Naw thats in the Pit, so there’s no “discussion”.

But altho most of the idiots there werent attempting a coup, I think a few dudes really were. They were going to either:

1. Kill Pence so the results couldnt be read (wouldnt work)
  2. Kill or kidnap enuf Dem congress members so the vote would be No (have to kill a lot, but maybe…)
  3. Steal the votes so the election would either be thrown to the House or a re-do (nope)

The Flaccid Jihad?

Q coup kachoo

I think it was at root a disorganized mob who would have injured or killed any lawmaker they recognized as D, Pence, or especially Pelosi, AOC or other Squad members, or hell just any black/POC lawmaker. So basically a lynch mob, and there would have been violence on lawmakers but we got sorta lucky (excusing the other 5 deaths).

Or what the OP said: in this thread, it’s a coup.

I like the title CNN gave their special on the siege: The Trump Insurrection.

Yeah, whatever name it gets, it needs ‘Trump’ in it prominently. For once it really was all about him.

‘Q Coup Achoo’ - A slight tweak covers 2020 very nicely

I was just thinking about Heinlein’s “Wet Firecracker War” (forget which book it’s in). :slight_smile:

Nope, at least for these racist assholes it was a coup. I guess they were following trumps orders.

The new court filings were the latest indications that the Jan. 6 riots included cells of organized, militarized insurrectionists, beyond the rabble of disorganized Trump supporters who joined the fray. That evidence includes the conspiracy case filed this week against three so-called Oath Keepers, members of an Ohio-based chapter of the loosely connected paramilitary group, who face charges of seeking to injure police officers, obstruct Congress and damage federal property.

The Afternoon of the Short Fingers.

Too bad, so sad.

What? No loyalty? Fair weather friends!

After the presidential election last year, the far-right Proud Boys declared their undying loyalty to President Donald Trump.

In a Nov. 8 post in a private channel of the messaging app Telegram, the group urged its followers to attend protests against an election that it said had been stolen from Trump. “Hail Emperor Trump,” the Proud Boys wrote.

But by this week, the group’s attitude toward Trump had changed.

“Trump will go down as a total failure,” the Proud Boys said on the same Telegram channel Monday.

As Trump left the White House on Wednesday, the Proud Boys have started leaving him.

In dozens of conversations on social media sites such as Gab and Telegram, members of the group have begun calling Trump a “shill” and “extraordinarily weak.” They also have urged supporters to stop attending rallies and protests held for Trump or the Republican Party.

The comments are a startling turn for the Proud Boys, which for years backed Trump and promoted political violence.

Led by Enrique Tarrio, many of its thousands of members were such die-hard fans of Trump that they offered to be his private militia and celebrated after he told them in a presidential debate last year to “stand back and stand by.” On Jan. 6, some Proud Boys members stormed the U.S. Capitol.

But since then, discontent with Trump, who later condemned the violence, has boiled over.

On social media, Proud Boys members have complained about his willingness to leave office and said his disavowal of the Capitol rampage was an act of betrayal. And Trump, cut off on Facebook and Twitter, has been unable to talk directly to them to soothe their concerns or issue new rallying cries.

Go cross-post over here :grin:

Obvious things about a creative work you realize after the millionth time

I suggest The Happening

It’s short, punchy, and will remind people of that terrible M. Night Shyamalan movie. Which is completely appropriate.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Heinlein is my #2 author after Prof. Tolkien.

Wow, I actually agree with the Proud Boys on something.

Great title, because associating with the Coup-Coups should be toxic to someone’s future.

That’s all heartening to read – for all the wrong reasons. While it’s great that Trump’s fiercest loyalists have turned on him, it’s because, in the end, he wasn’t awful enough for them.

These idiots will be a problem for decades, no matter what else transpires.

One interesting thing is that, based on comments, a lot of those yahoo Insurrectionists truly thought they:

1. Either had Trump’s permission
  2. Believed they would get a pardon

Especially the higher profile leaders and military vets - they are incensed Trump gave clemency to ‘rappers, jewish financiers, and his Dem buddies’ (in one comment I read) while leaving his white supporters high and dry.

I am confident that Jan 6th broke the spine of Trump’s political future. He has none. And I don’t think his kids do either, but 30+ years is a long way to predict.