the april fools mmp

My day is winding down - I’ll be moseying back to bed shortly 'cause I’s tahred! Glad tomorrow’s my Firday!

Howdy all. Been Bisy as all get out with the FOM crap. Orthopedic appt tomorrow at 115 to see wha.t we can do to ny achy knees. Sinus attacks nonstop. I am a a mess. Happy almost Thursday. Blurf.

that’s new ive never heard of anyone paying sales tax on a privately sold used car …… But this sounds like "registration fees " we get to pay every year…

you didn’t hear this from me but my dad might or might not have parked his clunker in the skeeviest dive in his hometown and might or might have said in the worst bar there hed consider it a favor is said car ended up being parts ….
Sure enough when said bar closed said car was gone dad got the insurance claim wrapped up in a week got new car almost fully paid for at the same place he bought the first and talked them into letting him use it as a trade in (him and lot owner grew up together) and only had 2 or 3 payments to make on it … they found the frame of the car in an empty field 3 monhts later ……
You may or may not try the same approach ….

swampy, I’ve been meaning to ask you, what do you use pine straw for?

Johnny, that’s a lot of film cameras!

metal mouse, I have the same CoolPix as you do, plus the phone and my old school Nikon manual 35mm that I bring out for landscape photos occasionally. I take more pictures with the phone than anything though, since it’s usually on me.

Sorry about the car red tape nut.

Speaking of car woes, I didn’t get to bring my car home tonight. :mad: The !@#$ing adjuster put the claim in as collision instead of uninsured motorist, which is an $800 difference in my deductible. :eek: Until the bastige answers his !@#$ing phone tomorrow and fixes this, I’m still driving the rental. I’m also having to take an unpaid day off to deal with it, since I’ve used all of my PTO for a while dealing with crap like this.

This’ll be the first time the warden gets a life sentence instead of the inmates.

Trade 'em all in on one DSLR. Less expensive to run as there’s no film to buy or process, quicker results, & you can even look at a photo & adjust settings right there if you don’t like how something came out.

That’s actually a decent little camera; I have the newer version (P1000) on my bucket list.

I’ve heard ofSarracenia (a carnivorous plant) growing in pine straw in the New Jersey barrens.

Worked. Transition from Rite-Aid to Walgreens goes. Somethings are improvement, some things are so screwy, cavemen laugh at me.

I agree with everybody else. Car-B-Que.*

Now do you understand why we rioted in 1775?:wink:

*To NSA Surveillance Bot TK421, just joking.(God knows it hard enough having to read all my e-output every day.;):D)

Yeah, it’s an annual ‘road tax’, not sales tax. The po-lice have a register of who’s paid, which is now, supposedly, updated in real time. You don’t pay and get caught, it’s at least a fine, going up to you getting a driving licence halfway to cancellation (licence has points, you lose points for being naughty, lose 'em all and you normally lose the licence and can’t apply for another one for a set time), the car confiscated and a fine, though I’d probably only get the low end of the scale, given the circumstances.

I mean, in all honesty, there are so few police round here the odds of me getting it home without detection are very high, but I know my luck.
Tis the last skool day before the Easter break today! There’s one class, for which module there is no exam (it’s all coursework), and my guess is about 6 people will show, out of a possible class of 20ish.

I am not torching my poor little car :mad:

And I’m sure the local yoof aren’t gonna either, not even if I buy 'em a few beers first.

I made it to the office, so there’s that. Lots of crap to wade thru today, and I expect I may have to come in this weekend for a bit - we’ll see how much I get done.

Other than that, just another day in paradise.

Happy Thursday!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 48 Amurrkin out and clear (well, dark) with a predicted high of 78 and mostly cloudy for the day. Rain moves in tonight and tomorrow accordin’ to TWPTB. Sattidy is supposed to be a forty percent chance of rain. I do not need rain on Sattidy. I want to spiff up da church yahd and have a good crew comin’ to help from what I have heard. This mornin’ I meet with the head of the cleanin’ crew. After that I shall talk with the president of the ECW. I have no doubt she will go complain to EYP. However, he is on my side about who is responsible for clean up after the yahd sale. Speakin’ of which, he is in South Keerliner (he was born and raised there). His father is havin’ a stent put in an aorta today. I trust she has enough sense not to bother him right now.

Red the pine straw is used in the landscaped beds in front of the church proper and the parish hall. Also in the landscaped beds in the memorial garden. There is also a landscaped area around the (useless, this is editorial opinion) church sign. However, there is no need to do a whole lot there. Seriously, I have no idea why the sign was put where it is. It is not very noticeable from the road (there’s a huge curve in the road there that is much more important to notice) plus (again, editorial opinion) it’s ugly. Smaller signs at each driveway entrance would be much more effective.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas and bother, I must purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public attire.

Happy Thursday Y’all!

Just took a walk through Amazon for film, the only name I recognized was Tri-x! Not that there was a lot of other names, mind you–I used to buy 100’ rolls of Tri-X and chrome film. And the cost!:eek:

There is something to be said for slipping the quarter terabit chip in the camera…

Happy Thorsday!

It’s cloudy outside, 37 degrees, supposed to get up to 64.

I’ll be heading down to the armpit in a few hours, doctor appointment and visit with my mother.
I expect both to go well. I hope this doctor doesn’t fire me.
I don’t know about other states, but in MD you pay sales tax when you buy a car, even if it is a private sale. You pay it when you register it and get your tags. You will also pay it on the value of the car, not the sale price. If my neighbor sells me a car for $1 but the value is $5000, I will pay sales tax on the $5000. The only exemption is if the car is a gift from family.
Of course MD taxes everything, but no where near as badly as NY and NJ.

Morning all. It’s a race between soccer practice and rainstorms this evening, we’ll see which gets here first. Got the garbage out to the curb so that is done, and raisin bread toast is on the menu.

Nut, (regarding your old car) Ah, I forgot, you live in a civilized country. Good luck with getting it done right.

Sari, sounds like you’re getting a new cat (outdoor variety).

swampy, were you this busy when you were still a working stiff getting paid?

doggio, it’s not just cavemen who laugh at you, don’cha know…

Butters, hope the appointment goes well and you gets to feeling better.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. I will be tailgating for the last(regular season) canes game today. I’ll be making country ham and cheddar cornbread for the tailgate.

Yes, but I take solace in the fact that we all laugh at Flytrap.:smiley:

You should see my motion picture cameras! :eek:

That’s not the point. :wink:

After looking at the manual, I put the batteries back in. They’re good! :slight_smile:

To turn on the light meter in the Nikons, you pull the film wind lever out to its standby position and depress the shutter release slightly. This turns the meter on for about 30 seconds. This is why makers of things provide user manuals; so people can (re-)learn how to use their products. The light meter in the Pentax K1000 turns on automatically when light hits it, so to turn it on, you remove the lens cap. The Olympus OM-1 has an on/off switch for the meter. (Oh, I have an adapter so I can use a modern battery in it instead of a mercury one.) I’m not sure about the OM-4. I found an OM-4ti manual online, but I’ll need to get out the paper manual to see how the light meter works. As I recall from the '80s, I was always using up batteries as if the meter was always on. I’m thinking if I turn the battery check switch to ‘manual’ instead of ‘auto’, that might do the trick. But I’ll have to check it out. I haven’t found (or looked for) the Canon yet.

Each brand of camera has a different way of doing things. But that’s part of the fun.

Howdy Y’all! I have returned from the meetin’ with the cleanin’ person. I do believe we have a clear understandin’ of what is expected. Follow-up will tell. Also, I have learned that the ECW is indeed gettin’ rid of all the leftover junk. Mayhaps word got around that the JW don’t play. :smiley: Plus, I sprayed for weeds whilst there. Go Me! Oh and scored some trout filets for the fish fry on Firday of next week. That along with the catfish filets I has already scored should be enough. YAY!

MetalMouse irk kept me plenty busy and I had many looooooooong days. So, yeah, just as busy now as I was then. Except now, if I really don’t want to do sump’n on a certain day, I don’t. A perk of retirement. Seems to me you keep pretty busy with soccer stuff both in and out of season.

I thought today was Firday and paid all my bills. I don’t get paid until tomorrow. DUmmmmmmasssssss me. Good thing I have overdraft protection.

True that.

swampy, point taken. And as long as you’re enjoying yourself, have at it.

LA John, sounds like you have a hobby to keep yourself busy. Looking froward to seeing some of those pictures posted one of these days.

Toast was tasty and I took some Barnes and Noble gift cards that had been hanging around since Christmas and bought several new books, so that will keep me occupied for awhile. Still feel like nappage later on, guess age is catching up with me.

Most of the people I work with would ask what the heck film is used for a camera; don’t you usually try to wipe the film off the camera?

I just shake my cane at them and hide their football.
:smiley: