The Arizona "audit"

Hmm, you’d think that someone so obsessed with counting things would have noticed this sooner.

I think it’s time for that CEO to bite the bullet, pull himself up by his bootstraps, refocus his priorities, turn his company around and get back to doing the things that the Cyber Ninjas were good at.
Anyone know what that was?

Well before they pivoted to become untrained and inexperienced election auditors, the company was involved in app security; training, consultancy, and vulnerability assessments (including penetration testing). They might have even been competent at those things, which are 99% unrelated to what they were hired to do in Arizona.

Well he’d better hope they were good at it. And maybe change the name of the company.

Are they sure? I think they need to do a recount.

Cue Beavis & Butthead snickering…

Maybe they shouldn’t. They might discover they got even more children than they thought.

I’ll send him a consolation card printed on bamboo paper.

Yeah, the Cyber Ninja stuff is good for a hearty belly laugh but the next round of audits after the 2024 election won’t be nearly as funny.

We laugh lest we cry.

They won’ bother recounting the next time. The legislature will simply reverse the results.

Incidentally, a heavily gerrymandered state could simply assign EVs by congressional district the way Maine and Nebraska do now (with 2 at large votes) and cook the books that way. Perfectly legal.

They won’t even bother counting the next time.

No, the Republicans are more image savvy than that. The last thing they want is to have to very publicly overturn the clear results of the popular vote in their state. They balked at that in 2020 because it was too late and too transparent, but now they’re getting ahead of the curve for 2024.

The goal of the audits is to give them a way to sew doubt and confusion over what the legitimate outcome of the election was. It will afford them a veneer of legitimacy with a process that will either hand them victory or so muddy the waters that the state legislature will have to reluctantly step in and decide the matter (for the Republican candidate, of course).

I hope there’ll be just as much barking pushback, then, on any GOP electoral victories in swing states in 22/24.
Yes - sinking to their level, not to mention sowing further muddied chaos - but giving them a taste of their medicine should hopefully not just ramp up awareness of what these John Eastman-infected legislatures will be up to, but also to effect legal challenges to hopefully counter such shenanigans.
(huh - two "but"s in the same sentence.)

Yeah, messy as shit.

It is impossible to shame Republicans. They lack the necessary self awareness and honesty.

“While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society’s pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he’s in”

• Bobby D “It’s Alright Ma”