The Banana Peel Poll

OK, fess up now. Has anybody ever actually slipped on a banana peel and feel down? Classic comedy would imply this is an everyday occurance, yet I’ve never done it. Nor have I ever seen anyone do it.

Who has slipped on a banana peel? Who has ever seen anyone slip on a banana peel and, if so, was it funny?

never fell all the way down, but I have twice slipped on one (luckily I regained balance before going ass-first into the tile covered concrete.)

No, and I’ve never slipped on one and fallen down, either.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. :smiley:

Once tried to deliberately skid around on one when I was 10.

Kind of given it up now.

Yes, I once slipped on a banana peel, on the loading dock of a cafeteria. Didn’t fall down, but almost. Made a mental note that a cliché had just come true for me.

Never done it myself, but a friend of mine did it once. She caught herself before cracking her head open on the concrete sidewalk. Which is a good thing, since I was busting a gut laughing. It even made the little slidewhistle noise that always happens in cartoons.

[sub]okay, not really, but the slidewhistle happened in my head.[/sub]

Daniel

Well, that’s what I get for posting in the heat of emotion. The question popped into my head and I just HAD to get to the bottom of the issue right away.

Man, I spend too much time on the board.

I used to work at a Braum’s (fast food and ice cream chain) and I once slipped on a banana peel and fell on my butt. I immediately burst out lauging because I was thinking, “No way! This only happens in cartoons!”

Never on a Banana peel, but I did slip on a green onion. I didn’t fall though.