The Biden Transition Officially Begins

Emily Murphy, claiming no coordination with Trump, has finally decided that Biden IS the “apparent winner”:

Nice, a Trump appointee bucking Trump and doing her job. I would give her more kudos but honestly this seems a little late. But at least she’s doing it.

Apparently the Michigan vote-certification (for Biden as winner of the Michigan electoral votes) left Murphy with no cover for her nearly-three-week claim that Biden was NOT the “apparent winner.”

The GSA will now release funds and, more importantly, the ability for Biden appointments to begin the process of getting security clearances, which can take many days or weeks to obtain.

On Murphy’s claim that she did this independently of pressure or other interaction with Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/transition-biden-gsa-begin/index.html

Of course, Trump had to immediately tweet and pretend it was his idea in the first place.

Whining little snowflake that he is.

It was the threat over Georgia that did it.

Yes, all that occurs in the universe is at the direction of the Most High, Donald Trump.

Of course this development may possibly interfere with Mr. Trump’s ongoing attempts to empty the pockets of his less-intelligent fans. Some recent messages to those fans are reproduced in this tweet:

You are referring to the Senate races I assume? Not sure if I missed something else.

No, the GSA head finally “determined” that Biden is the winner of the Presidential race, which means that a transition can formally begin. In addition to receiving funds, Biden’s appointments can now begin to undergo security checks, and Biden himself can now get security briefings.

Yes:

Trump tweets: “I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country…”

Translation: “I want to thank Emily for her great loyalty to me and NOT the country”

Sidney Powell being disavowed yesterday.

GSA approval today.

The game’s up, Trump.

As of this moment, Fox News still hasn’t heard about it. At some point they’re going to have to inform their readers and listeners, but right now the top stories are (a) the GOP will be blocking Biden’s nominees, and (b) Lindsey Graham is appearing on Hannity tonight!!

As many have predicted, there is also a sidebar that portends things to come: Biden had better start paying attention to the enormous national debt!! It wasn’t a problem before, but by golly, we just noticed that it’s a terribly urgent problem now!

Sorry, looks as though I was replying to a post that was about a different post. Yes, the Georgia threat was at issue.

Also: oops, tried to correct that thread title. “Begins” not “Begina”…

Hilarious.

OK, Fox News now acknowledges that the transition is official. They also threw in this comment, which is also in the headline (emphasis mine): “The letter effectively ends a weeks-long standoff in which the Biden transition team accused Murphy and her agency of withholding critical transition resources needed for a smooth transfer of power.”

Damn that Biden – accusing nice people of all kinds of nefarious things! The man must totally have no principles!

“Translation: “I want to thank Emily for her great loyalty to me and NOT the country… and from this moment she is DEAD to me!”

Interesting tweet last night from Bernstein, in which he lists BY NAME the craven, cowardly Republican Senators that will express (in private) their "extreme contempt for Trump & his fitness to be POTUS. ", but in public they stay silent and watch as Trump takes a massive dump on democracy.

Named are “The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.”

The House Oversight Committee insisting on a direct briefing from her tomorrow (refusing to put it off to next week) certainly didn’t hurt, either.

You have to hand it to the FoxNews writers: they know their audience. Specifically, they know that their audience forever and always define themselves as victims.

So of course it’s ‘Biden was harassing this nice Republican lady.’

Oh, sweet Jesus, here is a headline from their webpage:

Teen Vogue columnist rejects Biden’s call for ‘unity’

Teen Vogue. A freakin’ columnist for Teen Vogue.

Republicans (and Fox) are officially the whiney little middle school girl who wants to sit at a certain table in the lunch room and cries if she can’t get her way.