The Bloomin' MMP

My allergies are in full swing this morning. Eyes and nose watering. Pass the Kleenex. ACHOO!

Blurf Irking. I stopped on my way in and got a new ID card. It expired yesterday so none too soon.

Not much happening here at irk so far. I will find a bill to pay or something.

Hugs to all that need one and Rosie’s sig to everyone else.

All the licenses on the Creo server are gone. No one can work. Glad it’s lunch time…

Didja know my name is Bill? :wink:

And Creo is back. Guess I can get something done this afternoon. Theoretically.

:smiley:

Weird mystery of the day: my diary planner has gone. That is, the page in my diary with a ‘year planner’. It’s the page I’ve been using most, to note down events I’m working and deadlines, and it’s suddenly not there.

It’s a hard-backed academic diary, starting in August, and it suddenly starts with the 3rd, not the 1st. A page has definitely gone. The diary’s been in my house (no-one else living here, no relevant pets) or in my bag since I last wrote something in it just over a week ago. I can’t see how it could possibly have fallen out and there’s no loose pages in my bag or anything.

:confused:

Really, really weird burglars? Mice with a grudge against/thing for August 1st? Another student who wanted to know the hand in dates for stuff but didn’t want to ask?

**Nut **- I’d blame Trump… :wink:

Went to a ConCom meeting for the purpose of organizing the next Orycon science fiction convention, and noticed that over 2/3 of the ConCom was female, including the top three officers. Ten years ago this would have been highly unusual, but now?
Now it doesn’t even cause eyebrows to raise, and that gives me hope for the future.

I am curious about what they read.

I’m told hockey is basketball on ice skates and you just dribble with the sticks well that’s what my Canadian friends always said

oh and I used a push mower until I was 18 or so because no one trusted me with a powered one …

Happy Toosday!
I had typed up a nice post and it went POOF! when the internent went down.
I don’t know why it went down, it is a beautiful day here.
The sun is shining, the windows are open, the breeze is blowing.

Bumba - I’m with you on the bluebelles, I’d let them take over. Less work and probably better for the environment.

Hope you feel better soon Nettie

Ruble :smiley:

FCM You’re probably right, a few beatings may have done him some good.:smiley: I should have been a meaner mom.
Usually he is pretty cooperative but lately he is contrary and lazy.

It was my job to mow the lawn starting around 12 or 13 because my father hurt his back. No push mower though, plain old gas mower.
A push mower would have been great for my front yard, but now enough for the back yard, although it would be good exercise.

The mowing and leaf vacuuming got done yesterday. He needs to do
some weed-shacking and put down some more mulch.

Basketball drives me nuts, but I like hockey. Penalty box! Power plays! I don’t really understand all of it, but it’s fun.

Very good. Will they have a good of conduct, a policy for complaints and investigation, and will they follow both?

Well, we women largely read books with swarthy men on the cover, and occasionally swooning ladies with ripped bodices. :smack: That was sarcasm. We read a wide variety of books and enjoy science fiction and fantasy (and even comic books) just like guys.

finds Doggio’s rolled up newspaper and applies it to flytrap

I’m gonna go out on a limb & suggest: comic books. :dubious:

I was going to do a mashup of the B-52’s “Love Shack” & Little Shop of Horrors…but then I remembered that the plant is a carnivorousplant. :eek: :eek: :eek:

::Gets in line::

Blurf Tis almost time to go home. The grunting dude is back in the gym. I can hear him even with the office door closed.

Blurf

Just where is this airport? On Neptune?
(I know they closed the one on Pluto.)

I have an old reel mower hanging up in the shed. The last time I used it was on a ~20’ x ~20’ yard to a house Wifey had for sale. A lot easier than hauling the gas mower over there.

Gonna try making War Won Ton with potstickers, 'cause there are no decent won tons to be had withing 20 miles. There are some kinda ‘won tons’ for sale at Freddies, (Kroger), but they’ve been cajunized. :mad: Very spicey. Not at all what I want in my soup. :mad: Next time we go into Portland we’ll need to stop at the oriental grocery and get a big bag to put in the freezer. sigh

Onward!

Orycon 40’s policy page. It is followed, because these days if it isn’t, The Spiked Club of the Internet comes down hard on those who try to ignore it.

Good.* Although a surprising number of cons do not have a policy, or do not follow the one they publish. The spiked club of the internet has more work to do. Next question, is John Ringo an invited panelist? :smiley:
*The link to follow on procedures for enforcement is broken: http://osfci.org/code.html. I’m guessing this is because this is last year’s? In any case, my only suggestion would be that attendees know how to seek help if they feel threatened. It should be really easy to find and not buried in the policy.

As I was driving home, I got to thinking I’d like hot dogs for supper. I’m not much of a hot dog fan, but every once in a while, I want one.

Guess what **FCD **had for lunch? Go ahead - guess!!

So I’ve got a pound of beef hot dogs in the freezer and we’re having pulled poke on hot dog buns.

I posted pics on FB of the work being done in our back yard - we’re having a driveway put it from the gate on the side to the basement door. No more worries about the truck tearing up the lawn! Then the guy is going to bring in a load of topsoil for the front yard and the back, smooth it out, and overseed it all. With luck, we’ll end up with a real lawn instead of a weedy-rut-filled mess.

I think I’ll need to buy another sprinkler or two - we’ll have to keep it watered till it’s established. Always something.

I also stopped on the way home at the credit union to roll over my IRA CD. The old one was earning a whopping .6% - the new one is at 2.5%!! Huzzah!!

I was in Trader Joe’s this weekend, the had frozen Won Ton’s for sale. No soup go go w/ 'em, which I thought was a bit weird to not sell as a combo. Iffn there’s one close to you that might be the ticket.

I’ve made dumplings from scratch before; time consuming to prepare (as is lot’s of Chinese food), but not all that different from Won Tons (except for the filling).

doggio, your apartment complex sounds a lot like mine. Mine has patios though and some of the front ones have perennials and shrubbery. I grow stuff in clay pots. The lawn service does the yard irk that’s not fun.

nut, your page has likely joined a rubber stamp set and my dog’s orange ball into the black hole.

sunny, for someone who grew up in Indiana, I’m not a huge basketball fan. I’m OK with pick up, high school or women’s college roundball, but the only thing that I could think of that might be longer and more uncomfortable than the current NBA season and post season would be pregnancy.

I hit the deck running at irk this morning and kept that pace until I left. It was the first day for me being in uniform. It’s chilly enough in my area that I had a big shirt over it most of the day. The required lanyards have been clipped to the yoyo clip for most of us so that we can clip it out of the way at our desks. I give it until autumn when everyone will be covering the shirts up with warm clothing that will be the death knell. Either that or their stance on headgear without any thought to religious covering. I need to get a couple of more pair of summer pants since the dark blue shirt won’t go well with the two pair of black ones in the rotation.