The Bloomin' MMP

Home****. Take out from The Bucktoothed Rooster. I am having the meatloaf dinner since we had chicken last night.

I have been watching the news and had to look up the meaning of Oligarch. Learn something new everyday.

FCGM After hurricane Irma blew down all the trees in the front yard of irk we had to plant grass. It has filled in nicely. The watering of it was a pain in the patoot for the grounds maintenance guy but it is well established now. Bye bye Buttonwood trees.

Good to know! Unfortunately, the nearest Trader Joe’s is an hours drive so we don’t get there very often.
I/we have made won tons before and found it tedious, so I’d rather not do it myself if I can avoid it.

Someone gave Wifey some beautiful asparagus. Much nicer than the spindly little strings available in the grockery sto, so dinner tonight has been changed to lemony risotto with asparagus. :smiley:

Got out of work early, voted, laundered, napped. Having a martini and making Asian BBQ Chicken for dinner.

Well, there’s the fighting, and checking ,and the Zamboni.

Or as Chuck Kaiton says during really chippy games, “This is Carolina Hurricanes Boxing”:smiley:

:slight_smile:

: gets in line :

I wore the locksmith one today
http://cdn8.bigcommerce.com/s-7t5byr9njq/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/1112/1867/IMG_6559_-_Copy__99843.1523396335.JPG?c=2&imbypass=on
and several co-workers loved it. But the best was the clerk at the Speedway “Quickie-mart” who got a chuckle out of the front. I told him “you ain’t seen the half of it” and turned so he could read the back. He laughed so hard he darn near wet himself.

I’m wearing the fudge shop one
http://cdn8.bigcommerce.com/s-7t5byr9njq/images/stencil/500x659/products/1088/1824/IMG_4763__30498.1504898166.JPG?c=2
Thursday just for him. And like I said before its not like HR has to look up my picture if they want to come talk to me.

If you had been around our kitchen I would blame the OWs dead Gramma; she does some strange things now and then but for the most part just to us. And to my one cousin who didn’t believe oin any of that stuff. Does now.

OK – I blame it on back-to-back doubles but my first thought was

a) St Louis.
b) Pluto was a victim of a mad scientist.

c) Most of our time is usually spent in Mars where their home team is known as the Planets. I had hoped for Martians but --------

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Weird, mixed-up dreams last night. One was about one of the baby engineers here being married, wearing a big ol’ honking ring, and in the other, for some reason, I was wearing diapers. Not bladder-leakage underwear, but actual diapers. I was recently talking with my daughter about diapers, but strictly in the context of the baby, so why it morphed into me wearing Pampers… :confused: My brain can be a confusing and somewhat terrifying place.

On the good news side, Coke products are on sale at Food Lion, so I can stock up again. We were down to our last few bottles. :eek: And once I get home, I’ll be building a big batch of sketty sauce. With our new roomies moving in, I’ll need larger packages. Or maybe same size, but we’ll pull out 2 as needed. That makes more sense, right?

Ground beef is on sale - I see a couple of meatloaves going in the freezer also. Busy, busy…

Happy Wednesday!!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 63 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 90 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big plans for the day include grocery shoppin’ and the laundry I didn’t do yestiddy. I did all the mulchin’ and some other yahd stuff yestiddy. I was so tahrd after all that I spent most of the afternoon in my recliner watchin’ Netflix. This mornin’ I feel like a God. Thor all over. :smiley: Stouffer’s lasagna, sallit and garlic bread shall be supped upon.

Ruble, like doggie my inner eight year old boy is still gigglin’ over those tshirts.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, bein’ as I shall go about the public, I suppose I should purtify and don appropriate goin’ about the public clothin’. Bother!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!

Morning all. Did go to the remodeler ‘open house’ and was impressed enough that I have an appointment for him to come out and look at the house this month. That will get me in gear enough to get some others out because it’s going to be the biggest investment I’ve made since I bought the place and I would like more than one bidder.

Soccer practice was good, the girls didn’t pay attention so I finally got mad and made them run; parents probably wondered why I waited so long. Still felt a little bad, but not too much; sometimes kids need to remember who is in charge here.

Don’t know what I want for breaking fast, but I’ll think of something…

Ruble, all you need to do now is get some Intercourse, PA T-shirts to go with Uranus…

So banking and mowing are planned activities for today. Otherwise we shall see.

blurfage Irking of course. I don’t know what the day will hold. I am training a new employee and she is stumped on learning how to open her safe. It is not rocket surgery. I guess I will go show her again for the 100th time.

Blurfage

Happy Hump Day!

It’s another beautiful day.

The dog and cat are playing, or rather the dog is playing and the cat is growling and hissing.
I get tired of breaking it up. I do my best to shield the cat but sometimes he asks for it.

Today I have to pick up some scripts, and the back yard needs to be whacked again.
I also have to put in a grocery order for tomorrow.

I love the shirts Ruble.

I thought I posted this morning…

From a box?!?!? :eek: :o :frowning:
Hey, you didn’t say the magic words, “Don’t judge”
Yestidy, at irk, they changed our signon so that we now need our phones. There’s an app like the old RAS tokens; the # that we need to tack on to the end of our password changes every 30 seconds. So, of course, guess what I walked out of the house without today? :smack: The kicker was at first I didn’t think I needed to go back & get it, & once I realized I do need it, I also remembered that we’re supposed to be in the orifice today; otherwise, I’d be, ahem, ‘irking’ from the deck.

That did give me the opportunity to hear something on the radio for our [del]old fart[/del] retired Mumpers - Viking is doing a cruise, starting Aug 2019, for 245 days, 6 continents, & only $92,000/person.
Other than that, guess what day it is! :cool:

**Spidey **- my Baby Engineer was telling me about that cruise yesterday. I don’t think I could handle that much of a vacation. It sounds exhausting!!

And I’d be in trouble if I needed a smartphone to log in on any computer since I just have a dumb flip phone. Makes me wonder if having a smart phone will become a criterion for getting a job…

Lunch time!!! C’mon Firday!! :smiley:

Had those.

One shirt I wanted years ago but they didn’t have my size was from Fairmount Indiana which was home (for a while) to James Dean and Jim Davis of Garfield the Cat fame. It showed Dean in his classic pose leaning on a streetlamp with a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth ------- and Garfield in his armpit. I should have bought a medium and turned it into a pillow.

My current favorite is one from my old stomping grounds from Strange and Unusual Oddities Parlor
https://scontent.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31944263_1671979216250279_4453760590644510720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5ffb4f0e6796f1f126bbac9eda3c506e&oe=5B9A28B0
it just fits me in so many different ways.

Went shooting to try our a new-to-me Wards/Mossberg .22 I got on the way to Knoebels. Me and it both shot very well together and I am much happy. I could clean my gun before work but will leave that for tomorrow and go take Bessie on a roam before heading for Da Jungle.

Today I have procured groceries, rescued my edger from the shop (got it’s yearly tune up) and finished laundry. Go Me! Spidey lasagna from a box will wait until tomorrow. OYKW called me a little while ago. He has a gnawin’ and a cravin’ for a patty melt from the <snerk>Quickie <snerk> so thus a <snerk> Quickie <snerk> sup we shall have. They do make a dang good patty melt.

I’ve got a great big pot o’sketty sauce simmerin’ away. Many meals will result. Now I need to decide what to do for supper.

Spaghetti?

No, the sauce needs to sit at least overnight so the flavors can blend properly. I had leftover chickie. Not great, but at least it was quick and easy.

Ummmm, oh never mind.
One of the sets of plans had me there this weekend. Iffn you need a shirt from there but can’t get one online let me know. In the meantime, look what I found on the telly the last time I was there. :smiley:

We had a <snerk>Quickie <snerk> sup and then went to :eek:Wally Jr.:eek: where we bought an apple pie among other things. Apple pie and ice cream have been consumed. Life is good.