The Blues Brothers vs "Popeye" Doyle

Jake and Elwood race under the Elevated Train in Chicago, successfully escaping and evading Chicago’s Finest in order to get the five large to the tax office and save the orphanage.

In The French Conection, “Popeye” races the “El” to get the bad guy.

In an all out race under the El, who would win?

I’m going to have to go with Jake and Elwood, simply because if they got the lead, even for a second, Popeye would be swamped with cops and Illinois Nazi’s blocking his way.

Jake and Elwood were on a mission from God. I’m putting my money on dvine intervention.

Another vote for the Blues Brothers - but only if they’re trying to get the tax payment for the orphanage to the Cook County Assessor’s office. They were, after all, on a mission from God.

Jake, for sure! I mean, he was wearing sunglasses, man!

If the Elwoods get too far ahead, Doyle gets his partner to strafe them in Blue Thunder.

Don’t forget the car had “cop motor, cop shocks, etc.”

Plus the French Connection mentions France. They lose by default. :smiley:

“It’s got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it’s got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks.”

Versus

A 1971 Pontiac LeMans 4 door hardtop, likely with the V-8 350 ci, 250 hp engine.

Edge goes to Jake and Elwood.

“Fix the cigarette lighter.”

I saw this movie again on TNT or TBS or AMC a few nights ago for about the millionth time, and it was said in the host intro that this movie is one that every line can be quoted. I have a feeling that’s where we’re going. YAY!

/hijack/ The scene where the cars go off the unfinished bridge was filmed on I-794 in Milwaukee. Can’t remember the specifics, but there was a problem where work was halted on it, so there was no labor to pay for by shutting it down for the shot. Kind of like the Big Dig, but profitable to Milwaukee AND it eventually got completed. /end hijack/