The boss of Canada

There’s an NDP’er here? I gotta get a camera. They told me those guys wuz extinct.

This is the year of the Leafs. I’ve been saying that since I was a kid. The laws of probability are on my side.

Not only an NDPer, but a genuine, put-his-name-on-the-line one - matt ran for Parliament last year.

Geesh, didn’t know about matt, didn’t know about lola/Feynn - maybe we need a “Who’s Who on the SDMB” … :wink:

Northern Piper - that’s ok, he knows who I am, that should be good enough.
:smiley:

The King of Canada is very obviously Wayne Gretzky. Geez, guys.

Wayne Gretzky? King? Tosh and bother.

Timothy Horton I, King of Canada, Lord of the Northwest, Duke of Hamilton, Defender of the F"eh"th. First of the Fritter Dynasty, Long may he reign.

Reports of his death are exaggerated. He is off on Crusade, expanding his empire to the States, while Robin of D’ohnuts steals from his coffers.

Stock is the Court Jester.

Now… let me get this straight…if Timmy Horton is the king of Canada, how can I possibly be the queen of the donut empire here?? :eek:
Odie, have you been leading me astray? Am I simply not royalty? Am I merely a senior pee-on overseeing 31 estates on his Royal Timmy’s domain?

Damn. That explain the funny looks when I insists the staff bow and kiss my ring.

Ang, is your ring made of a stupid air donut? They’re my favourite. Crullers for everyone!

This is all very well and good, but how does the King of Kensington fit in?

The only way I can figure Geddy Lee could be the boss is if the country was run by all of the lazy radio station programming directors who satisfy Canadian Content regulations by overplaying crappy washed up 80’s pop/rock bands.

Hate to break it to you Angkins, but you’ve been led astray. Join the club. I used to think that I was the Man 'cause I made the doughnuts. Little did I know that there were thousands of us. Nothing but footsoldiers in Tim’s army.

Sour Cream Glazed all around! Mm-hm.

Heh. You guys are funny. I don’t understand a word of it, but it’s funny.

Maybe I ought to move to Canada. Clearly it’s full of amusing folks like yourselves.

Last time I saw him, didn’t look like Al Waxman would fit into anything.

BLASPHEMER!
The wrath of Coldy shall rain down upon you!

Ginger, you mean apart from his casket?

Yup.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend, y’all. I’m heading to the land of Feynn and Lola. Joy!

labradorian:

You mean the title of King of Kensington wasn’t passed down to his children? Where’s the Crown Prince of Kensington when you need him?

REPENT, SINNER!

Eighties?? They started in the flippin’ SEVENTIES, dude!
POP?? Britney Spears is “pop”. Rush, pop?
Washed up??

There’s no hope for some people. :wink:

But…but…but… I am not a footsoldier. I am the boss of the boss of the footsoldier. I no longer get my hands dirty or break a nail!!!

My ring is more like a chocolate glazed timbit in a gorgeous stairway to heaven type setting. I have earrings to match too :smiley:

I am truely humbled by this revelation. Back to trying to marry into royalty, I guess. Working my way through the ranks is not working. ( Don’t tell hubby anbout the looking to marry into royalty part, he is a little sensitive about that ;))

sigh:…:bows and scrapes in a weary and practiced gesture: Yes Ang you are the queen of Canada…it’s your portrait on all our money…and you also make a guest appearance on Candian Tire money…your beauty and intelligence aptly reflects the Canadian landscape and heritage…[sub] now when am I gonna get that damn coffee maker and coffee???[/sub]

Keith

WHAT???

You didn’t get the coffee maker yet??

That JUST figures! Damn truck driver who swore he’d drop it off to you… OFF WITH HIS HEAD, OFF WITH HIS HEAD I SAY!!

Are you sure you wouldn’t prefer a snack pack and a golf shirt?

Whatever…I think the odds of me getting this are about equal to me getting a birthday present from Canadian Sue…not very high [sub]that should get her out of the woodwork…[/sub]

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch prairie boy!

I have the golf shirt for you already…just gotta mail it :stuck_out_tongue: