We’re off and running - Garry Betty has moved from Earthlink to Heavenlink, giving amarone the first corpse of the year, and a whopping 51 points.
Actually, wasn’t that football palyer thereal first, even tho no one had him?
[QUOTE=anyrose]
Actually, wasn’t that football palyer thereal first, even tho no one had him?
[/QUOTE]
The “first death” award goes to the first person to score points off a death, not the first person who dies. Lots of people die every day - we just don’t get points for it.
I’m curious, how does the number of contestants this year compare with previous years?
[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Is someone a tad upset that certain people didn’t take advantage of anonymously mailed free Indonesian airline tickets or Java ferry passes, hmmmm?
[/QUOTE]
Ironically, Qantas had considered buying into that particular Indonesian airline.
[QUOTE=Loach]
I’m curious, how does the number of contestants this year compare with previous years?
[/QUOTE]
This year’s last entry is post #428, while last year’s is #301. Now, of course a significant number of these posts are discussions, not entries, but there’s a rough guess at the increase in interest here.
I was keeping track, sort of, on which celebs got the most picks. I’m sure that along the way I’ve made some errors, as the final total won’t come out an even multiple of thirteen. For example, a couple of posters, don’t remember who, listed Pinochet, but no alternates. And I know that my eyes are sure to have slid over names, or counted incorrectly.
Still, I think I can state fairly accurately that there are very close to 200 players this year. My count would be a fraction above 198.
[QUOTE=zoog]
We’re off and running - Garry Betty has moved from Earthlink to Heavenlink, giving amarone the first corpse of the year, and a whopping 51 points.
[/QUOTE]
Wow.
Congrats amarone . That is not only the Opening Kickoff Award, but a Starting the Year with a Hail Mary Pass!
I’m so totally jealous
[QUOTE=Shirley Ujest]
Wow.
Congrats amarone . That is not only the Opening Kickoff Award, but a Starting the Year with a Hail Mary Pass!
I’m so totally jealous
[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I shared the Opening Kickoff Award with half the board last year thanks to a donation of Lou Rawls from you, if memory serves. I am not so generous.
I must patent the addition to my Google searches that found me Mr. Betty.
[QUOTE=Shirley Ujest]
Wow.
Congrats amarone . That is not only the Opening Kickoff Award, but a Starting the Year with a Hail Mary Pass!
I’m so totally jealous
[/QUOTE]
I know! This is the first year I’ve played, and I’m already amazed at all the improper emotions I have experienced. ![]()
[QUOTE=amarone]
thanks to a donation of Lou Rawls from you, if memory serves.
[/QUOTE]
It was I who mistakenly posted Lou a week before I intended to, I was checking my formatting and hit submit instead of preview.
[QUOTE=NurseCarmen]
It was I who mistakenly posted Lou a week before I intended to, I was checking my formatting and hit submit instead of preview.
[/QUOTE]
And we, the posers, hosers and losers that we are, are entirely grateful for your error.
![]()
Two deaths, don’t know if hey are on anyones’s lists:
Vincent Sardi Jr owner of Sardi’s in NYC, dead at 91, and
Paek Nam Sun, North Korean Foreign Minister, dead at 77. I’m not even sure he died this year, though, as there is an old communist tradition of not announcing deaths intil long after the fact.
Character actor Frank Campanella dies at 87
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
Character actor Frank Campanella dies at 87
[/QUOTE]
From the list of his work I’m sure I would instantly know him. For some reason I can’t but a face with the name. From What I can tell the man had 114 IMDB entries going back to 1949 but he doesn’t have a picture on the internet. Can anyone else find one?
[QUOTE=Loach]
From the list of his work I’m sure I would instantly know him. For some reason I can’t but a face with the name. From What I can tell the man had 114 IMDB entries going back to 1949 but he doesn’t have a picture on the internet. Can anyone else find one?
[/QUOTE]
You will find many pics if you Google Image Search his name.
[QUOTE=Boyo Jim]
You will find many pics if you Google Image Search his name.
[/QUOTE]
Google must work different where you are. All I get are pictures of the movie posters for the movies he is listed on from Amazon.com. Some other pictures of people that may be named Frank Campanella but are not the actor. Only three pages of links come up and none are him. If you get a different result would it be too hard to throw up a link and not just say go use google?
(I do have the search filters on. I don’t want to see naked pictures of a 87 year old actor.)
[QUOTE=Loach]
Google must work different where you are. All I get are pictures of the movie posters for the movies he is listed on from Amazon.com.
[/QUOTE]
Me too. But I assume that this is him. And from this we can see that he died last year. A search of the 2006 thread shows that nobody had him.
[QUOTE=amarone]
Me too. But I assume that this is him. And from this we can see that he died last year. A search of the 2006 thread shows that nobody had him.
[/QUOTE]
:smack: Of course I know that guy! You know he’s that guy! That site did not come up on my google image search. Thanks ![]()
[QUOTE=amarone]
Me too. But I assume that this is him. And from this we can see that he died last year. A search of the 2006 thread shows that nobody had him.
[/QUOTE]
They anounced it yesterday, but yes, I missed that the day he died was Saturday.