The Celebrity Death Pool 2007

You skipped #6, so you get one more choice.

I’m finalizing my list, and will post it tomorrow or Saturday.

Dammit, how come so many folks have it in for Bob Newhart? :slight_smile:

Last year’s list made me feel kinda Eeeeeeuuuuuggh. Rooting for people against whom I have nothing. So this year’s list as all people who get my personal Andy Warhol award, named for the person who made me realize I could be happy about someone’s death:

KIM JONG-IL
FIDEL CASTRO
FRED PHELPS
OSAMA BIN LADEN
JACK CHICK
HENRY KISSINGER
DONALD RUMSFELD
DICK CHENEY
MICHAEL JACKSON
OJ SIMPSON
RUPERT MURDOCH
ANN COULTER
RUSH LIMBAUGH

And alternates:
HUGH HEFNER
CHARLES MANSON
BILLY GRAHAM

Hugh Hefner is the guy who swore that pubic hair would never be shown in Playboy. Seems a little distance from Osama. :slight_smile:

Last year I waited till New Years Eve to put in my list. That way no one would copy me :rolleyes: . 0-13. Why would anyone want to copy my list? Might as well get it in now so I don’t forget. *Warning: Only read this list if you want a list of those who will live through 2007. * I picked Ariel Sharon last year and look what happened! Heres to a third year of Death Pool virginity. A mix of new and old from last year.

1. Ariel Sharon (had to keep him on, everyone get on the bandwagon)
  2. Axl Rose
  3. Steve Jobs
  4. Scott Hamilton
  5. Elizabeth Taylor
  6. Paul Prudhomme
  7. Muqtada al-Sadr
  8. Roderick Toombs (Roddy Piper)
  9. Stephen Glover (Steve-O)
  10. Pat Summerall
  11. Dan Fogelberg
  12. Robert Anton Wilson
  13. Laura Ingram

Alternates:

1. Peter O’Toole
  2. Colin Farrell
  3. Courtney Love

I think that all of you who are predicting Jack Chick’s death are being a little ambitious: He’s so reclusive that it’s possible that he’s been dead for years, and someone else is carrying on in his name.

I’m considering going for the “Quantity” Award this year, and waiting until 12/30 or 12/31 to post my list. Then I’ll just post the thirteen celebs who have got the most picks. I’ve been keeping track.

Only problem with that is that one I want to put on the list, Fred Phelps, isn’t in the top 13. He’s been chosen three or four times. So I figure I’ll take one of the top 13 that appears in decent health(maybe Lindsay Lohan) and take them off of the list, to make room for Fred.

In 2005, my first year, I finished 13th or so, but so far this year, nada. I need to guard against a trend.

Have you no shame?

:slight_smile:

I’ve got my water wings on for my first swim in the Death Pool, let’s see how I do:

1. Gerald Ford- 7/14/1913
  2. Les Paul- 6/9/1915
  3. Walter Cronkite- 11/04/1916
  4. Kirk Douglas- 12/9/1916
  5. Eddy Arnold- 5/15/1918
  6. Abe Vigoda- 2/24/1921
  7. Nancy Reagan- 7/6/1921
  8. Little Jimmy Dickens- 12/19/1925
  9. Fidel Castro- 8/13/1927
  10. Muhammad Ali- 12/17/1942
  11. Janice Dickinson- 2/15/1955
  12. Eminem- 10/17/1972
  13. Lindsay Lohan– 7/2/1986

Alternates:
14. Dan Rather- 10/31/1931
15. Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson- 7/6/1975

Nope!!! :smiley:

And my punishment will be that all the long shots I had for this year will suddenly kick the bucket.

Too bad there is no award for alternates that kicked the bucket before the year started.

One of mine just did that: Jeane Kirkpatrick dies:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16108507/

Her support to the repressive and death squad infested govenrnments in El Salvador in the 80’s lead the rebel radio to name her Brunhilda (the witch) Kirkpatrick.

I nominate you for the first “Badly Planning Ahead” award. :slight_smile:

mmm, not quite, she was out of my main list. In any case that is why I posted 4 alternates (Usually we post 3 only). Get in line Kalashnikov, Killen and Keane! :slight_smile:

I call that bold talk for someone in the state where all our misdiredted mail to Arkansas goes…

:slight_smile:

I’ve only scored points with one pick (Lou Rawls) so far this year, but I haven’t given up on 2006 yet. Still, I begin my 2007 list with the holdovers:

1. Joey Bishop – Mr. Sinatra has waited long enough for a reunion with his old Rat Pack buddy, capisce?

2. Abdelaziz Bouteflika – Algerian leader has stomach cancer

3. Art Donovan – old Baltimore Colt still worth enough points to remain among my selections

4. Jerry Falwell – can’t believe he’s lasted this long after he looked so bad a year or so ago

5. Bob Feller – the “Heater from Van Meter” has to burn out sometime

6. Oral Roberts – the line’s apparently been busy when God has tried to call him home

7. Norodom Sihanouk – “King-Father of Cambodia” has been dogged by reports of illness

8. Robert Anton Wilson – under hospice care, at least as of last June

And now let’s welcome the newcomers:

1. Art Buchwald – impressive run since his hospice stay, but a person can only beat the odds for so long

2. Fidel Castro – the clock is apparently ticking, with the only question being whether he’ll make it to New Year’s Day, which will be the 48th anniversary of predecessor Fulgencio Batista’s escape to the Dominican Republic

3. Louis Farrakhan – the Nation of Islam leader formerly known as calypso singer Louis “The Charmer” Walcott has announced his illness

4. Jack Kevorkian – Dr. Death should be succumbing to Hepatitis C within the next twelve months

5. Pete Seeger – although I doubt that Pete’s eager, his voice is fading, and so is he

Alternates (the four survivors I dropped from my main list, for reasons ranging from apparent recovery to low point value – use in this order):

Evo Morales – Bolivian president was hunch pick as possible assassination victim

Don Ho – injection of his own stem cells has apparently brought his heart back from the brink of permanent failure

Joan Fontaine – actress and estranged sister of thespian

Olivia de Havilland – the older of the siblings, and therefore a lower-reward option

If the Emmy Awards had run long this year, he already would have been dead.

sternvogel. Impressive.

1. Gerald Ford
  2. Fidel Castro
  3. Jack Kevorkian
  4. Louis Farrakhan
  5. Roddy Piper
  6. LadyBird Johson
  7. Kirk Douglas
  8. Walter Cronkite
  9. Muhammad Ali
  10. Abe Vigoda
  11. Muqtada Al-Sadr
  12. Elizabeth Taylor
  13. Dick Cheney

Alternates:

1. Courtney Love
  2. Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR)
  3. Farrah Fawcett

OK, in an attempt to actually score a point this year:

1. Arthur C Clarke
  2. Ray Bradbury
  3. Margaret Thatcher
  4. Prince Phillip
  5. Charlton Heston
  6. Mohammed Ali
  7. Michael J Fox
  8. Keith Richards
  9. Michael Jackson
  10. Christopher Lee
  11. Patrick Moore (the astronomer)
  12. Tom Baker (the ex-Dr Who)
  13. Nancy Regan
  1. Queen Elizabeth II
  2. Gough Whitlam (former Australian PM)
  3. Malcolm Fraser (former Australian PM)
  4. Helmut Kohl
  5. Margaret Thatcher
  6. Nelson Mandela
  7. Pope Benedict XVI
  8. Bono
  9. Michael Palin
  10. Fidel Castro
  11. Vladimir Putin
  12. Boris Yeltsin
  13. Arthur C Clarke