The Cheesecake Appreciation Thread

So as many of you know, it is thanksgiving up here in Canehda. And no Thanksgiving is complete without pumpkin pie. But this year, I was put in charge of making the dessert. And I wanted to do something different.

So I made Cheesecake. Pumpkin Cheesecake. Marbled Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake.

One word is brought to mind

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I had forgotten how good Cheesecake was. Absolutely divine stuff. Utopia on a graham crust. etc. etc.

Diet be damned, that ambrosia is worth every calorie.

Anyhoo… Since i haven’t seen anybody extolling the virtues of cheesecake in a long time, I figured I might as well start a thread dedicated to this great dessert. Any and all cheesecake discussion/recipes are welcome.

To start the ball rolling (not to mention I’m emailing the recipe to my Aunt anyways) is my recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake:

Now to make up a recipe for red white and green cheesecake for Xmas… :slight_smile:

Any ideas out there?

Make a plain cheesecake, decorate with strawberries and kiwi fruit, and dust powdered sugar on top?

I make a cheesecake with red currants. You could make it a two layer affair with them andthe plainer batter. Decorate the baked cake with slices of kiwi. I’d hate to think what could be used to get a green layer within the cheesecake. Gooseberries? Green rhubarb? My holiday cheesecake is marbled chocolate pumpkin. Sounds odd, not really two flavors that immediately conjure up a tasty treat. It is very good, and a heck of a lot easier than baking pies.

I do believe I’ll be found in this thread for the remainder of my stay here.

Last year, for Christmas, my sister made an egg nog cheesecake. She doubled the rum. It was delicious. So rich that we were able to split the 10 inch cake into twenty pieces.

Am I the only one who thought this would be about Alberto Vargas & his “Varga Girls”?

no link provided due to partially nude drawings…

Oh my god, that sounds amazing.
I recently discovered that one of the malls near our house has a Cheesecake Factory, so I pick up a couple of slices (For my husband and I to share! cough) whenever I go in. So far, the dulce de leche and German chocolate ones are my favorite.

The Classic:

Red = Raspberry
White = Vanilla
Green = Pistachio

The Traditional:

Red = Cranberry
White = Pear (or eggnog)
Green = Mint

I call this next one “The Jolly Rancher”:

Red = Watermelon
White = Sour Lemon
Green = Sour Apple

The Citrus Tryptich:

Red = Blood Orange
White = Grapefruit
Green = Key Lime

Oh, you guys are making me so hungry! I’ve got to make some cheesecakes for the freezer sometime…

Now run out to a hot dog stand that sells Vienna Beef products and buy a “Wunderbar”, it is a piece of frozen cheesecake with a popsicle stick stuck in it, dipped in dark chocolate and Wunderbars are INCREDIBLE!!!.

unclviny

How about; red = strawberry
white = reg cheesecake
green = key lime

BTW, I’ve kept this recipe secret for years and hardly ever use it anymore, so I think it’s time to share:

Bumbazine’s basic killer cheesecake:

1 graham cracker, or other, pie crust, 9 inch
2 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream**(!)**
1 wide strip orange rind, chopped
1 narrow strip lemon rind, chopped
16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages) – cut up
2 tablespoons butter – melted

Put the eggs, sugar, vanilla, sour cream and orange and lemon rinds into a blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds.With blender still running, add the cream cheese and butter. Blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into crumb crust and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until set in the center. Turn off heat and leave in oven for another 15 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. When cool, place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight before serving.

This is especially good with a hazelnut crust. Here’s one compliments of Epicurious:

3/4 cup hazelnuts – toasted
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter – melted

Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Finely grind nuts, cracker crumbs and powdered sugar in processor.Add butter; blend using on/off turns until crumbs are moist. Press crumbs onto bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Chill while making filling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

White Chocolate
Mint
Strawberry

with chocolate dipped strawberries and mint leaves as garnish

I know I’M drooling!!

The Freaky:
Goat blood
Smegma
Simple Green

I don’t have a recipe as of yet. My mom makes a fantastic one. Ahh…food. Anyway, as someone mentione earlier…Cheesecake Factory. I went there for my birthday and of course couldn’t leave w/out a piece of cheesecake. My fave:

White chocolate raspberry fudge cheese cake.

i’m not sure if that’s the exact name…but it had those things in it and i could just feel my arteries clogging…

URL=http://www.juniorscheesecake.com]Best Cheesecake ever!

Ownage ;)[

crap

Best Cheesecake ever!

Don’t you mean * Soyent Green**?

I think red skin apples, peeled apples, and green skin apples might work better.

My favorite from Cheesecake Factory was double chocolate upside down Jack Daniels cheesecake. It was as dense as a neutron star and as rich as Bill Gates. :yum:

(It’s too bad they don’t carry that variety any more.)

Cheesecake.
The only food from which you can feel the weigth you taking right away.

I remember a mix-and-match huge cheesecake from 1-800-cheesecake given to my boss, who who doesn’t like cheesecake. Well, I ended up eating the whole thing with a co-worker on a 2 day cheesecake-binge.

Never again.

St Maalox, pray for us all.

I’m making pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving again this year. With a ginger snap/hazelnut crust and a sour cream topping with a little Frangelico for flavor. Yummmmmmmm.

Sorry, pumpkin pie. You’ve been outdone.